Chapter 22

(Hey Guys, thanks for all the Happy Birthdays. I do hope you enjoy this chapter.

Also the drawing I did above is a quick one to give a clear visual of something for this chapter. It's not highly detailed. Sorry.)

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 22-
Birthdays Can Be Good Or Bad
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

“Varian.”

Varian groans and snuggles into the pillow more.

“Varian.”

He finally turns his head in your direction and his sleepy eyes blink at you. “Hm?”

You blush and giggle softly, “Me and the others are going into town square. Eugene will be staying with you until we get back okay?”

Varian hums an okay, then smiles when you kiss the corner of his mouth.

“You can sleep however long you want.” You chuckle when he falls back asleep, then wave everyone out of the room.

“Why did you wake us up so early?” Cass rubs her eyes.

“It's Varian’s Birthday today.” You shush Rapunzel before she could even squeal out. “Now we have all day to get things ready. Now it doesn't have to be perfect or big, but I want it to be enough to know that we care for him.”

Eugene pokes your head, “Ah, by we, you mean you. You care for him.” He laughs.

You playfully punch his side, “Anyway. Since it's just going to be us, I want it a little out of the city so its private. Rapunzel, decorations.”

Rapunzel bounces and claps happily, “On it! Pascal!” Pascal squeaks and salutes from her shoulder.

You grin, “Cass and Andrew. You find the perfect place to have it.”

They nod though Cass pushes Andrew away when he tries to wrap his arm around her shoulder.

“What do I do?” Eugene asks excitedly, “Find a band, buy a confetti cannon, even better! A fog machine.”

“Actually, YOU, get to watch over Varian and make sure he doesn't see us going around the city.”

Eugene slouches in a gloomy state. “Really? I'm not a good babysitter!” He waves his arms.

You snicker, “Obviously, but I trust you more wto keep him busy until we're ready.” You nudge him and walk away, “Now off to bake a cake somewhere.” You skip out.

-

You go up to a baker shop and go inside. It almost reminded you of Corona, but felt more homey.

“Hello, Little Lady. How may I help you?” The baker here was quite short, like a little half your height. Though he had the jolly personality like Monty.

“Hello. I'm a traveler and it's my…..boyfriend's birthday today. I was wondering if I may use your kitchen to bake a cake myself. I will pay for ingredients that I use.”

He taps his chin, fixing his round glasses and laughs. “Gone on ahead, my Dear. Though if you need help, you call for me.”

You grin, “Thank you so much, Sir.”

-

Eugene’s thoughts kept going back to the wedding ring.

Varian cleared his throat, “Are you still thinking about the ring?” Rudiger just looks around from Varian's shoulders.