Chapter 24.5

[WARNING: Singing Ahead]

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 24.5 -
Don't Fall In Love
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

[EARLIER]

Rapunzel is brushing your hair as you secretly work on Varian’s late birthday present. Varian sat a little ways from you two, writing in a journal while glancing at the Book of Sanghelios.

Cass and Andrew went out with Max to get supplies again before you guys leave.

MO tips over and lands on the floor with a loud thud. “I have been killed by boredom.”

Rudiger tilts his head at MO and chitters.

“No, it's just too quiet in here.” MO answers him.

Pascal rolls his eyes and happily watches you work. Rapunzel leans in and smiles. “I'm guessing you'll get a frame later?”

You nod. “Yeah.”

“RAPUNZEL!” Eugene comes in then smiles nervously, “Uh….may I have a word with you, please?”

You and Varian glance at each other and know what Eugene what's to talk about. You two follow to listen against the door as the two talk out in the hall.

“I'm just gonna say this straight out at you. Okay? Okay! I-.........I….”

MO perches on your shoulder, “Drama?”

“Sh!” You and Varian said which MO holds up his wings in defense.

Rapunzel sounds confused, “You what, Eugene?”

“Uh…….I….Oh fine! I lost the ring! I LOST the ring I proposed to you with!”

“Eugene-”

“You're going to hate me now because I was so stupid. “

“Eugene-”

“Don't worry Blondie! I WILL find it and I can't have you hate for this! I'll fix it!”

You facepalm. Eugene wasn't letting Rapunzel talk.

“Wait! Eugene!”

At Rapunzel’s worried call, you three opened the door and chase after Rapunzel as she runs after Eugene.

Once you all stop at the very busy streets and seemed to have lost Eugene. Rapunzel looked upset and sighs. “Oh Eugene.”

You give her a hug as she places an arm around you. “We'll find him. Though we should try to let him calm down first.”

Rapunzel nods and we all split up to find Eugene, maybe one of you could talk to him.

-

-

Eugene shoulders slump more and more every time he passes by a happy couple. He holds his head and groans. “Why?”

He continues on until he gets to dirty streets and fights here and there. “Better.” Eugene closes his eyes only to feel a sack go over him. “HEY!”

The sack he's in is tossed and lands hard on someone's floor.

Eugene grunts in pain and climbs out, glaring around him, but there was no one. “Uh….hello?”

The room was very quiet and slightly dim from candles. His boots echo on the shiny floors and his eyes stare at the giant organ sitting in this big room.