Chapter 12

(Sorry if the chapter is short, but the next one is a part of this chapter, but it'll be another memory from you and a half part of an event that happened to Varian's mom.)

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 12 -
A Jar Half Empty
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

You look at the sick Moonhaven people with Lelu by your side. The others were just outside the tree house that held these sick people.

“Lelu, I can't help. They're not gone, but they're slowly dying…..almost like a plant. Is anything else going on in this forest?”

Lelu sighs, “I don't know. The ones who keep the forest well and protected haven't come back. It's been a century.”

You scan the paintings along the wall and see their paintings of tiny people in leaf armor. “The Leafmen…..if you all are connected with the forest, maybe there's something going on with the forest.” You sigh, “I'll see check around for you, it could be extremely dangerous.”

“Thank you.” Lelu looks at her people.

“Is there an overlook or something of sorts to peek above the treetops?”

She gave you directions as you go out. Rapunzel was happily telling stories to a group of children and Eugene watched her with a soft smile. Andrew was annoying Cassandra again off to the side.

You realize M.O. is missing until his obnoxious voice rings out below you. You lean over a little to see M.O. complaining to Varian about how sticking tree sap is. You smile warmly at them especially at Varian.

Along the wooden path, you make it to a platform and see a line heading between all the trees. On it had some sort of harness clipped to the line.

(I don't know why, but I was listening to this while typing the part where you're on the zipline.)

“This is the way to the tower?” You hold the harness and didn't know how this thing worked. After awhile you managed to hook it around you and push off.

The wind from the ride blew your hair back and making all the forest around you pass by in a blur.

You laugh out in excitement because it was so fun as you’re gliding through the forest at top speed.

“WOOO!!!”

You yell out then your eyes widen and scream.

“AH!”

There were trees too close to the line and you swung side to side at every tree in the way. A determined expression came over you as you smirk and continue on.

The line began to curve and you're going around a rocky side, seeing another vast land of treetops. It passed by in a few seconds, but it made you smile.

You began to slow down and a wooden platform came into view. “There it is.”

The harness was hard to get off but you got it and went to to the wooden stairs that lead up to a very high tower.

At the top, you were panting heavily and lean on the rail for support, “Stairs…..you are the worst.”

The watchtower wasn't much. Luckily it had a roof to block out the sun above and it had a good viewpoint of the whole area around you.