Chapter 26

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 26 -
Not So Good Start
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Baron was picked up by the guards of the city and cuffed before being taken away. Cass walks over to Rapunzel and Andrew, “He won't ever be let out, so that's a good thing.”

Cassandra slightly frowns at seeing a gloomy Eugene and you were keeping your distance from everyone, while Varian had a blank expression.

“The Royal Duke is waiting for you all outside.” One of the guards say.

Rapunzel stops as everyone continues to walk out and picks up a tiny box that lay on the floor. She sighs and puts it away.

You waited for Rapunzel to leave and walk over to the giant mirror. You take a deep breath and give a shaky breath out. Slowly, you reach your hand out and your fingers touch the surface.

The mirror ripples.

You wait and nothing happens.

“I guess it doesn't work anymore.” You mumble and close your eyes, still feeling upset about what happened not to long ago.

“They were right.”

You stumble back and stare at the giant mirror which had split into two. Two reflections of you. One was facing you and the other had her back to you.

The one with a sad yet content expression had spoken to you.

“Why are there two of me?” You ask.

“Because we are what you will be if you choose how you feel.” She speaks softly.

You were confused and the you with her back turned speaks up. “They are right. Varian is the end of us.”

“But it depends…..For Him.” The soft voice you disappears.

“Or By Him.” The reflection with her back to you looks over her shoulder. “Being encased in amber is no fun.” The look in her eyes were very dull before she fades.

You stare at your normal reflection before walking back to go outside, but you pick up a chair and slam it on the giant mirror.

The broken mirror shatters to the floor and the pieces turn to ordinary glass.

-

-

-

It didn't take long to the leave the city especially when there was hardly any conversation with you all.

The animal companions were very worried and noticed the distance between most of you. MO was even hesitant to break the silence.

You were at the back of the group.

Eugene was making small talk with Red and Angry. They came to watch over Eugene until our next stop, which barely lightened things.

Rapunzel walked a few feet in front of you with Pascal on her shoulder.

Varian. He near the front with Rudiger resting on his shoulders. Varian had the Scepter covered and strapped to his back.

MO decided to go to Andrew and Cass to question what had happened. “What happened? I would ask the others, but...eh.”

Cass sighs, “A lot of crazy stuff. Eugene and Varian’s reflections came out.”

MO hums, “Well that is sorta bad. Mirrors are just illusions….I don't even know why mirrors were invented. THEY CURSE YOU!!!” He yells out then laughs sheepishly when Cass glares at him.