Chapter 5

(There's quite a few Easter Eggs in this chapter. Not many, but still there. Enjoy!)

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 5 -
In The Rain
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

“Who's a cutie? Who's so cute and adorable? You are!”

Varian has the staff draped over his shoulders in a lazy posture, but his face showed pure jealousy.

Rapunzel giggles and gently nudges the young alchemist, “Varian. Why don't you just hug her or something?”

You were babying Rudiger, who was also enjoying the attention from you. Pascal squeaks and holds up a marshmallow, waving it. Rudiger chitters happily and jumps from your arms to Max’s back with Pascal.

You giggle and sigh in content as a cool breeze passes by. The smell of marshmallows made you go over to grab a handful and pop one in your mouth.

Varian blushes a bit and whispers, “I want to, Rapunzel, but….” He shrugs.

“It can't be that hard. You two are together, so?”

“So….what? Look, it's harder than it sounds, okay? And why are you so interested?” Varian blushes lightly and glance away in shyness, “I haven't asked (_____) properly to be…..mine.” He says nervously and a little bit embarrassed.

“Wow…..you two are just so innocent.” Andrew says from behind.

Varian glares back at him, “Stay out of this.”

Andrew smiles, “Okay.” He walks ahead and stays in step with you. “Hey, Sunshine.”

You smile, “Hi, Andrew.” You hold up a marshmallow to him, “Would a marshmallow taste better roasted or not?”

Andrew takes the white sweet, “Either way, it tastes amazing, though I would say roasted. It's been awhile since I had these, but do I remember when I when I roasted them and I somehow burned mine to a crisp.”

You giggle.

Varian narrows his eyes at Andrew and clenches his hands on his wooden staff. There's a loud snap and Rapunzel blinks in surprise. Her green eyes stare at the now broken staff in Varian’s hands

“Varian?” Her hand gently touches his shoulder.

Varian shakes his head and looks down at his staff, then sighs, “This thing is probably old.” He lied to himself.

It wasn't normal, that's for sure and Varian knew. It felt like he broke a toothpick, but he shrugs and tosses the staff away after placing the vials in his satchel.

In a tree which isn't far from the group, a silhouette of an owl tilts its head at Varian and quietly moves to another tree.

The blue glowing eyes land on you and a very surprised gasp comes from the dark silhouette.

“AH!”

You all stop at the scream and hear something tumble from a tree, until you hear an unusual bird call.

“Uh...KA-KA! KA-KA!”

Awkwardly you guys continue to walk away.

“Was that a crazy guy or something?” Varian asks.

“It's best not to question and keep moving.” Cass says.

As you guys kept moving, you spot clouds start to form slowly. Luckily, it was natural weather, not anything bad.