Chapter 32

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 32 -
Look Closer
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

“My name….”

Varian mumbles in his sleep, his eyes open a little and he groans.

“Don't get up too fast okay?” You say softly and brush back his hair.

Varian takes your hand to place your palm on his cheek. He glances at the royal family portrait of his mom and her parents. With a small smile, Varian sits up with your help.

It was concerning how fast he got up, but you couldn't stop him. “Varian, did you remember?” You stand next to him with your hand in his.

“I did.” Varian grins and rubs the royal crest that's pinned to his collar, then takes a deep breath. “And I know what I have to do.”

You stare at Varian and shift your gaze your entwined. Varian now knew who he is, but you were scared. You look at the portrait.

He had a family to save….but you didn't, so you'd give up your life for him. You'll admit to yourself.

You love him. You love Varian.

Varian tilts his head when you pull away. “(____)?”

“We should get started on your short training with Demanitus. He'll ask about it and start-” You feel Varian grab your wrist.

“What's wrong?” Varian turns you to face him with concern and cups your face gently. “Is there something else that you know that I don't?”

You avoided eye contact, “It's….what I have to keep to myself until it's your time.” The tears were hard to hold back, but you smiled faintly. “Let's go. The others have to practice what they can before we leave here.”

“(_____).”

“Hm?”

You hum in content when Varian pulls you into a soft kiss. It wasn't long, but it was meaningful. You pull away and hold his hands, keeping you both close.

Varian leans his forehead on yours, “Don't hide anything else from me, (_____). I never want to lose you.”

“I know, Varian…..but there are some things I have to keep to myself and you're just going to have to trust me with it.”

“I know.” Varian stares at you and goes to say something. “I-”

Someone clears their throat and the two off you jump away from each other with red faces.

Demanitus looks like he's trying not to laugh, “I suggest we get to work. There's not much time.” He nods for you two to follow.

That left you and Varian feeling awkward, following him out of the Royal Family Room. Demanitus stops and pulls out a book, handing it to Varian. You see it has Queen Serena's name carved into it.

“I have other things to work on and help you with, Varian. Unfortunately, I cannot help with the situation involving your father.” Demanitus glances at you. “(____) will help you with this part. When you're done, come see me.”

You hold out your hand to Varian, “Where's the Orbuculum?”

He takes it out and open the small box before handing the crystal ball to you. “What are we doing?”

“We're going into the Orbuculum and what we're doing will require my full power.” You place it on top of a velvet pillow that sat on a pillar. “You'll get to see where I use to stay, the prison where only I could watch and only be in a physical place for a few minutes.”