Chapter 2

(Sorry for the lack of updates. Rapunzel, Eugene, and Varian will have a change of clothes in a near chapter.)

(First Enemy is quick to take down.)

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 2 -
Speaks With A Forked Tongue
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Varian smiles softly as you nuzzle his hair in the back. You were asleep, more like taking a nap and at first Eugene was carrying you, but after while Varian took over.

Cass suddenly laughed and Varian frowned in annoyance. “It's been a few days, Cass. Can we just forget about it?”

“You almost got married, luckily that kid didn't give you a ring.” Cass wipes a tear.

Eugene stares at her a bit irritated, “Okay, Cassandra. We get it, but can you stop your laughing. It's hurting my ears.”

“Well if you get rid of that…..” She gestures to all of Eugene, “....then my eyes wouldn't be hurting and I would be SO much nicer.”

He gasps dramatically, “You just gestured to ALL of moi?”

“I guess your big ears are blocked by all that facial hair, but yes I did.” Cass smirks.

They start bickering more and Varian groans, walking faster to stay ahead. Rapunzel follows and walks next to Varian.

“Varian. I know you haven't forgiven me yet and it's okay if you do or don't, but just please be my friend again.” Rapunzel taps her fingers nervously with Pascal asleep on her shoulder. “At least a friendly acquaintance.”

Varian doesn't look at her then sighs, not paying attention to the bickering or Max’s neighs as Rudiger tries to steal food.

“To be honest, Princess, I still feel very upset about the whole incident. I know you still feel angry about what I did especially to your mom.”

“It wasn't your fault-”

He gives her a stern expression.

“Okay, I am still upset about it, but (____) still kept us all together and in a way she's the link between all of us.” She glances back to the others.

Varian slightly shifted you again so you don't slide off his back. “Rapunzel, we all forgave each other, but we will all never forget.” He smiles lightly, “So yes, I do forgive you, but it'll be awhile for me to fully trust you again.”

Rapunzel smiles softly, “Okay.” She reaches over and pats his arm. With a hum, she grin excitedly, “So…..did something else happen that stopped Travis from kissing you?”

Varian’s sky blue eyes widen and his cheeks and the tips of his ears turn red, “No. (_____) came at the right moment and pulled me away.”

You hug his head in your sleep and hum happily.

Rapunzel blinks then smirks with a slight mischievous glint in her green eyes. “Are you sure about that, Varian?”

“Yes.”

“Have you two kissed before?”

Varian sees a rope bridge ahead, “Hey look! A bridge!”

Rapunzel giggles.

“(_____), wake up.” Varian whispers then his face flushes when he turns to see your face close to his.

You hum and opens your eyes a little, you smile tiredly, “Hello.”