Chapter 13

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 13 -
A Pod Of Faith, Trust, And-
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

“How are you feeling? You took a very nasty fall there, if it weren't for the Queen, you'd be a spatter on the ground.”

You turn your head to a man in leaf armor and he almost reminded you of Cassandra’s father.

“I'm alright. I've taken worse.”

The ceiling above was made of big leaves that naturally grew and left enough light from the moon to see the area. You were on a hammock made of small vines and you stand up.

“I'm sorry if I sound rude, but what's going on here in Moonhaven?”

He sighs, “It would be best if we discuss this with the Queen.” He nods his head for you to follow.

You couldn't help, but be in awe at the next room you went in. There were flowers growing around to make the ceiling. “Feels weird being smaller than a flower.”

The armored leafman chuckles a bit.

“Ronin! Oh! I see the Little Lady is up.” A woman in a dress made of white flower petals and sleeves of the stem of a flower.

Little Lady. You thought and mentally laughed. That you are now.

Ronin bows and you do you too, just to show her respect. “My Queen, this Little Lady wants to discuss what is happening to Moonhaven.”

The Queen hums, “I see. You know, the plants her are telling me YOU have something special. I'm positive you can help us.” She smiles softly and looks to Ronin.

“I'll get a bird ready and a few Leafmen.” He walks out.

The Queen sighs, “It's best to show you.”

You're now staring at a hummingbird…..that has a saddle on it's back. “Um…..is it safe to fly?” You ask.

“Of course. Care to try riding one on your own?” Ronin grins.

You hum, “Uh……”

Soon you're holding onto the reins of the hummingbird and have a hard time controlling them. “Whoa!” You nearly run into a tree and you apologize to the hummingbird.

“You'll get the hang of it.” Ronin laughs at you.

You glare at him and huff.

Heading closer to the problem, you begin to notice a lot of the plants are withering greatly and a strong smell that slightly burns when you breath.

The hummingbirds perch on a branch and hide behind dying leaves.

Your eyes widen at what you saw.

Some type of machine was cutting down trees and causing lots of black smoke to arise from the pipes. Standing on top was a figure taller than the trees.

It was a black skeleton with a robe made of oily goop and it's inside's were on fire. When he breathed, all that came out was dark smoke.

“Hexxus.” You whisper.

-

Varian wipes the tears away and hugs his legs to his chest. He didn't know what he just saw, but he knew it happened. That was how his mom left and he wondered why she didn't come back.

She didn't want to leave, he could tell, but something made her upset and mad in whatever was written on the paper.

M.O…...he was there.