Chapter 17

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 17 -
The Tower In The Cavern
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Rudiger’s panicked chittering made you yawn and snuggle closer to Varian. “Rudiger, it's a little too early.” You mumble tiredly.

A heavy net is thrown onto you and your eyes open in annoyance. “It's DEFINITELY TOO early for THIS.”

You and Varian are yanked up onto a buff guys shoulders. “Really? While we're asleep?” Varian mumbles tiredly and glares at the group of men dressed like pirates.

“Don't worry. You'll get used to it.” You say and see Rudiger is in his own net, being carried by a overweight guy.

“Wait. You guys were at the pub.” Varian hands pulls on the net, “What do you guys want?”

“Your rotten raccoon hate all my cherries!” The overweight guy and slightly shakes Rudiger.

“Hey! Don't do that to him!” You and Varian yell.

“Well-”

“Shut up, Helms!” The thin tall guy snaps before getting close up to you both. “We were told to keep watch on you two and what better way than to keep you with us.”

You glance around and wonder where M.O. was at.

Varian reaches down to his pouch on his waist but it wasn't there. You see a very small guy is holding your bags.

“Oh and we want the treasure you two are after.”

You were confused, “Treasure? What treasure?”

They didn't speak and start bickering amongst each other. Varian tries to move, but the heavy nets made it a tight space. You glance at him and see him gulp.

“Varian, you okay?”

“F-fine.”

“No you're not.” You state.

Varian laughs anxiously, “Is it weird to suddenly be claustrophobic?”

Your eyes widen in surprise then bite your lip, “No, but we need to get out of these nets and away from these men.” You notice Varian wasn't listening and trying to keep himself from breathing to fast.

That wasn't the only problem.

Varian’s strand of blue hair starts to glowing and black rocks are sprouting behind the men.

“Varian. Varian, I know this sounds stupid, but please try to calm down.” You take his hand.

“Calm down?!” Varian whispers loudly and now he was hyperventilating.

The black rocks grow and one giant one sprouts right in front of you two, knocking the group of men to the ground.

The net holding you, Varian, and Rudiger opens and you all scramble out. Quickly, you grab your satchels and run.

“What was THAT?!” Varian yells out, “The same thing happened when Hexxus reached for me!”

The leaves shuffle as you two run pass them and twigs crunch under your footsteps. There were faint angry yells behind you both.

You weren't thinking clearly, “Varian, you have the Moon-” You slam into a tree to catch yourself as something painful lodges into your shoulder.

Varian nearly slips when he sees you're not behind him, “(_____)!” Rudiger sniffs and chitters, running back.

Right when Varian spots you, you pull the arrow out and stare at it.