34

Mordred: hey, pops, you care for all your children, right?

Adam: of course.

Mordred: no matter who they are? Even if they're someone like Merlin, Blackbeard, and Astolfo. I don't want to be mean to the last one, but still.

Adam: yes, those three count like any of my other children.

Mordred: you didn't even think about it.

Adam: Astolfo is cheerful and optimistic, something hard to find with someone who fought in many battles. He dresses the way he does because he thinks it looks cute. If he found boys' clothes that looks more cute than what he is currently wearing, he'd dress up in those instead.

Mordred: huh, that makes sense. And the other two?

Adam: Merlin is part Incubus. He doesn't feel human emotions. He only cares about humans because he sympathize with them through the emotions he feed on. The reason he acts the way he does is just to rouse people's emotions around him for him to feed on. I guess you can say he's making sure he keeps sympathizing with humans.

Mordred: damn... Didn't think that bastard can actually think enough of others for that... And Blackbeard?

Adam: if you think for a single second that he's less dangerous now than he was when he was alive, then you're an idiot. A fool playing a genius is laughable, but a genius playing a fool is something to be worried about.

Mordred: ......... honestly, the fact you actually think so deep on how your children act to this point really shows how much you care for them.