30: Adam Alter?

Ritsuka and Mash were talking to a few servants in the cafeteria. Today has been rather peaceful. Until doctor Roman came in running.

"Everyone, we've got an emergency!" the doctor called out putting everyone on guard.

"Doctor Roman, what happened?" Ritsuka asked as he ran towards Roman.

Roman took a couple of deep breaths from exhausting and answered. "I was running a few new simulations with Adam and DaVinci's help. But, I don't know what happened. Next thing me and DaVinci knew, Adam fell into the Corrupt Grail."

"W-What!?" Ritsuka, and most of those around, looked mortified.

"So does that mean that Adam might have been turned to an Alter?" Mash asked.

"I don't know but that's a high possibility," Roman replied. "We should make a team and look for him before-"

He didn't get to finish as one of the walls suddenly shattered to pieces. The servants all jumped into battle position and summoned their weapons.

However, they all saw a figure pull themselves out of the rubble. It was a human completely covered in a black shadow with nothing visible but his eyes.

"Damn... For an old man, he can sure punch," Angra Mainyu groaned out, shaking the rubble off himself.

Much to the relief of servants around, Adam walked through the hole in the wall, completely unharmed.

"So, what did we learn today?" Adam asked as he picked Angra up by the back of his neck.

"Never try to corrupt the father of humanity?" Angra guessed and people can practically hear the sheepish smile he has.

Adam nodded. "That's right. Now, you're grounded this weekend."

"Oh, come on, I was just doing my job," Angra complained, his shoulders slumping.

"Do you want to be grounded for the entire week?" Adam asked and Angra just shook his head with a groan.

"Adam, you're okay?! Thank Goodness," Roman said as he ran up to see him with the others.

Adam nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. Though, about the last simulation, the ground was pretty weak and crumbled easily, so you might want to do something about that," he commented and the doctor rubbed the back of his head embarrassingly.

"Wait, how come you didn't get infected?" Mash asked, looking between Adam and Angra.

"I just punched him before he said anything," Adam replied motioning towards the grumbling Angra.

"Wait," Ritsuka started looking between them. "So, you're telling me that... The way to not get corrupted by Angra's curse is to just not give him a chance to use it?"

Adam looked at him for a second before raising an eyebrow. "What? Like it's hard?"