Flowers

(A/N: this is somewhat based on a fan art I saw.)

Third POV:

Adam was sitting under a tree, watching over as Nursery, Jack, and Santa Lily played with Ritsuka on the flower field with Mash following them.

"Being a parent is hard, sometimes," Adam sighed as he spent the whole day in this miniature singularity playing with the kids. "I'm just glad Ritsuka took over for a moment."

Adam crossed his arms behind his head and laid back down, resting in the shade of the tree. He closed his eyes and allowed himself to rest.

The smell of flowers started bringing back memories from a time long past. A time when it was just him and Eve, before they had any children.

Flashback:

"Adam! Adam!" Eve called out, running towards her husband.

The Father of humanity was laying on the ground until he heard his wife calling him. He raised himself off the ground and looked at her as she reached him.

"Is something wrong, Eve?" Adam asked his wife.

Eve looked excited and hid something behind her back. "Close your eyes. And no peeking," she giggled.

Adam chuckled and closed his eyes just as his wife requested. He then felt something light being placed on top his head, but he didn't open his eyes until Eve told him.

"Okay, you can look now," Eve said.

Adam opened his eyes and looked up to see that a crown of flowers had been placed on his head.

"I was fiddling with flowers and their roots, and they got entangled. Before I knew it, I made this," Eve explained as Adam adjusted the crown on his head. "It looks cute on you!"

Flashback end:

Adam smiled remembering the past. He would love to see his wife again, but she wasn't summoned yet, if she can be summoned in the first place.

However, Chaldea proved to be a place filled with miracles, where unbelievable reunions happened. So, perhaps it was only a matter of time.

"Papa!" Jack called out as she came running with nursery with her.

"We made this for you," the book servant said, holding a crown of flowers.

Adam couldn't stop himself from chuckling at the irony and timing of the situation. He took the crown and put it on his head before ruffling the hair of the two child servants.

"I love it, thanks," he said as the two girls laughed.