Father and Son

(Third POV)

"I am the Berserker servant, Cain," the new servant introduced himself as the light of the summoning room died down. He was somewhat short but well built and had long blonde hair. "I'm barely any good if I don't catch my enemies off guard, so don't go relying on me too much."

Ritsuka blinked in surprise at the identity of the new servant. Before he can go and introduce himself, Adam walked into the room. "So, is the summoning finish-" he stopped when he saw Cain and a smile graced his lips. "Well, this is definitely a good surprise. Hello, Ca-"

"Y-YOU!?" Cain cried out in surprise before pointing at Adam and glaring. "Stay away from me, old man!" He yelled before running out of the room.

Adam looked at where Cain went and sighed. "That boy," he said while shaking his head.

"Adam, are you okay?" Ritsuka asked hesitantly.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Adam said before turning around and walking away. "I'm gonna go for a walk. Can you find him for me? He's new and I don't want him to be lost."

Ritsuka scratched his head awkwardly as he looked at where the father and son walked away. This wasn't the first time he dealt with servants that had some form of grudge form their life for another servant, but it still never got easier.

(Time Skip: Two weeks)

"So, what did you want, Master?" Cain asked as he walked into the command room, seeing Ritsuka, DaVinci, and Holmes.

"Cain, we need to talk about some problems," Ritsuka sighed, still feeling uncomfortable with this particular subject.

"Specifically, you're attitude towards your father," DaVinci finished while leaning on one of the arms of her chair.

"I have nothing to say about that old man!" Cain yelled out in anger.

Holmes sighed and intertwined his fingers. "Mister Cain, while I personally understand that grudges from life can still follow someone to the Throne. That attitude has became dangerous when it interferes with missions. In the last Rayshift, you refused to work with Adam and got wounded because of that."

Cain just clicked his tongue and looked away, not commenting on that memory. "Oh come on!" DaVinci sighed and gave the first son a tired glare. "We get it, Adam lost and you're mad he did. But that doesn't-"

"TAKE THAT BACK!" Ritsuka, Holmes, and DaVinci jumped when Cain yelled that and started glaring at the inventor. "My dad didn't lose! Don't go spouting shit like that! It was Zeus who fell to his knees in the end! So don't you ever say that my dad lost!" He yelled, causing DaVinci to raise her hands in surrender and lean back in her chair.

"Now I understand," Holmes said, stroking his chin. "You are not mad Adam lost... you are mad he never came back."

Tears began building up in Cain's eyes. "T-That damn Old Man. He already did enough! So why didn't he just through the towel and come back to his family!?" He asked while wiping his eyes.

Suddenly, the door opened and it was none other than Adam that walked in while holding a basket. "Ah, there you are, Cain, I was looking for you."

"W-What do you want?" Cain asked, trying to hide any traces of his tears left.

"You got hurt in the last mission, so I got you these to help you feel better," Adam said, handing Cain the basket.

Cain took the basket and looked inside, which caused his eyes to widen. "T-These are... mangos?"

"They're your favourite, right?" Adam asked with a smile. "I picked up a few in the last singularity before we came back. Thought you'd like them."

Cain looked at the basket for a few moments before... "WAAAAAAAHHHH!" He broke into tears and began hugging his father. "DAAAAAAAAAD! I'M SOOOOOOORRRY!" he yelled through the tears.

"Goodness, you're too old to cry like that out of nowhere," despite saying that, Adam returned the hug without even waiting a second. "Come on. I'm sure Emiya and the others at the kitchen can make a pretty good pie out of these."

Cain said nothing through his tears but still nodded strongly as he followed his father out of the command room.

Meanwhile, the other three occupants of the room were looking at the leaving father and son with smiles on their faces, happy that this matter was resolved.