16

(A/N: warning, this contains spoilers for those who haven't finished Solomon's "Temple of time".)

(A few months ago, somewhere before Babylon)

Dr. Roman: alright, I guess we found the next singularity. I guess I should call in everyone.

Adam: *comes in the room* hey, doctor, mind if we have a word in private?

Dr. Roman: oh, Adam? Sure. No one is here yet. So, what can I help you with?

Adam: I just wanted to ask... What do you think about the fake King of Mages, Solomon?

Dr. Roman:... I see... So, you know, huh? How did you figure it out? Was it your mimicking ability?

Adam:... No, that ability only works on the divine. You are human now. I couldn't use it on you if I tried. I have another ability that allows me to immediately recognize my children, no matter what form they take.

Dr. Roman: really?... I should have figured you'd have something like that.

Adam:.. Do you know who this fake Solomon is?

Dr. Roman: I have a pretty good idea, yeah.

Adam: do you have a plan?

Dr. Roman:....... *lowers head*.

Adam: I see... So, it's THAT kind of plan?

Dr. Roman: if this "Solomon" is really who I think they are... Then there's no other way.

Adam:..... They're going to be pretty heartbroken, you know.

Dr. Roman: yes... I know... I know I'm not being fair to them... But, they deserve to live. They deserve to be happy... Can you promise me something?

Adam: what is it?

Dr. Roman: please... Take care of them. In the future, they're going to need someone to be a father to them. So, I ask as one of your children, father of humanity, please take care of everyone.

Adam:...... I promise.

Dr. Roman: thank you. That is more than I ever can ask for.