12

(In the halls of Chaldea)

Asterios: *Carefully looking around the corner*

Euryale: there you are, Asterios. What are you doing?

Asterios:.... Hiding.....

Euryale: from who?

Asterios: Adam... I don't... Want to... See him.

Adam: *suddenly appear behind them* and just why don't you want to see me?

Asterios and Euryale: AHHHHHH!

Euryale: by Zeus! Do you humans have a habit of sneaking up on people!? And how did you even do that?!

Adam: for your first question, only when we have to. For your second question, I copied your sister's Presence Concealment. Now, why don't you tell me why you're hiding, Asterios?

Asterios: because... You hate... Me.

Adam: and how did you come up with that idea?

Asterios: I killed... Many of... Your children... I ate them... Even though... They were young... Don't you... Hate who... Hurt your children?

Adam:.... You're right, I do hate those who hurt my children, especially if they have a connection to the gods. I have every right to downright despise you...... But, I don't.

Asterios and Euryale:......... Huh?

Adam: I have no reason to forgive you, and I have every reason to hate you, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Asterios: but.... Why?

Adam: because... At times like this, I ask myself, "what would Eve do?".

Asterios: Eve?

Euryale: Adam's wife and the mother of all humans.

Asterios: then... Wouldn't she... Hate me... As well?

Adam: No. Eve... Was kind beyond imagination. She had a heart that would make angels fall from the sin of envy. So, she would never turn away from a lost child like yourself. Basically, if I hate you for what your father forced you to do, I'd never be able to look Eve in the eye again.

Asterios: so... You don't... Hate me?

Adam: no, I don't. You're pretty okay in my eyes. In fact, I'm about to take the kids to a water park, wanna join?

Asterios:..... Sure... I'd love... To go!

Euryale: hey, what about me?!

Adam: oh......... You're still here?