23

Adam: hey, Gil, can I ask you something?

Gilgamesh(Caster): yes, fath- Adam, what is it?

Adam: why did you become a Caster? You never actually told us.

Gilgamesh: *sigh* I suppose I could tell you. You see, through my clairvoyance, I once saw someone.

Adam: who?

Gilgamesh: a king who happened to be a mage. That person also had clairvoyance, one that allowed him to see the past and future.

Adam: ah, so he could see you, too?

Gilgamesh: that's right, and he did. Every time I would look at him through my clairvoyance, he would look back and see right through me, giving me a smile that made it look like we were on equal terms. He looked at me like he was my equal! And you know the worst part?

Adam: you agreed?

Gilgamesh: Exactly! He was offered everything he could ask for, and he only asked for wisdom! I felt sick that I considered another king to be my equal! That is why I myself became a mage. It is in order to best the one who's eyes see right through me in his own specialty.

Adam:.... Okay? And who WAS this king?

Gilgamesh: his name was-

Dr. Roman: *enters room* there you two are. Ritsuka was just-....... W-Why are you glaring at me like that, your majesty?

Gilgamesh: YOU KNOW DAMN WELL WHY!!!

Adam: now, now, children. As the Grand Ruler, I can't have potential Grand Casters fight each other.

Gilgamesh: HE STARTED IT!!!

Dr. Roman: when did I do that!?!?