37

Ritsuka: *watching Tiamat and Adam arguing* so... Does anyone know why these two are always at each others' throats?

Gilgamesh: honestly, I am very curious myself.

Ritsuka: e-even YOU don't know, your highness?!

Gilgamesh: don't look at me like that, mongrel. I own all the treasures of this world, not all the knowledge.

Merlin: oh, I know that!

Ritsuka: you... Do?

Merlin: why do you sound so surprised?

Ritsuka: well, Uhmm... You don't usually help when it comes to stuff like these things and just watch.

Merlin: oh, believe me, it's a lot entertaining for me to tell you that secret.

Gilgamesh: then speak already! My patience is already going thin.

Merlin: well, you know how in some stories, Adam's first wife was actually Lilith, not Eve?

Ritsuka: well, yeah, I think I heard about something like that before.

Merlin: and do you know how some stories say that Lilith is the mother of all demons?

Ritsuka: Uhmm... Yeah?

Merlin: as I recall, Tiamat is also called the "mother of demons" right?

Gilgamesh: where are you going with this, mage?

Merlin: well, as it happens, Tiamat actually had many names, some very different in other religions. And one of her names was-

Tiamat: *smashes a chair on Merlin's head.*

Gilgamesh and Ritsuka: ....

Tiamat: Aaaahhhh. (NEVER bring up that part of my past, Merlin. EVER.)