The Zodiac Diaries: Part 7

PISCES

"T-Taurus?"

His face brightened and tears fell from his eyes. "You're okay! Oh, my god..." Virgo smiled at me. "Thank god, Pisces, you really gave Taurus and I a scare there, you did..." Before Virgo could finish, Taurus had brought his lips down on mine. I smiled before realising Virgo was still sitting there. Hastily breaking the kiss, I turned to look at her, as did Taurus. It was no secret-she liked him. She just sat there, a sad smile on her face. "I'm so happy for you," she said, holding back tears. "I-I need to go do the dishes..." She stood and left, leaving us by ourselves. Taurus sighed. "I feel bad about Virgo..."

I nodded. "Me too. But don't worry; she'll find the one some day. And she'll have us to help  her, won't she?"  Taurus nodded, lacing his fingers with mine. "Listen, I've been thinking..." Taurus began, gulping. "After I nearly lost you, I might have done some research on that immortality spell..." I sighed. "Taurus, it goes against nature's will-" Taurus silenced me. "But not against my Gramps'. While I was trying to rescue you, I saw both of you in that dimension. You weren't exactly together, but you weren't apart either. Look, he kept on saying he wanted us both to be happy. And my happiness is with you. 

"So please, let me do this." I bit my lip, knowing my head was pointing in one direction and my heart in the other. On the one hand, immortality spells were not in the favour of nature, and as a subject of nature itself, I should not allow Taurus to perform the spell. On the other hand, if Taurus did perform the spell, we could be together forever, No limits. No old age, no death. Just us until the end of time and then some. But I already knew that the decision had been made-Taurus had set his sights on the immortality spell and so I could do nothing but support him.

"Fine, but only because I know you'll do it even if I say no." Taurus grinned. "I found your journal with the translation in it. Did you say the incantation in Latin?" he asked. "Yes. It works either way." Taurus nodded, setting the journal down in front of him. "Can you help me?" 

"Of course."

He opened up the spell, looking at it. "Okay. Clear your mind, Taurus. No thoughts can get in the way, or they, too, will be immortally lodged in the same place in your brain. I need to enter your subconscious once again... make sure it's all empty..." Taking Taurus' hand, I closed my eyes, entering his subconscious. 

"What're you doing, Taurus?"

"I'm cleaning. This place is a mess."

"Are you cleaning or simply relocating?"

"I..."

"How about you just remove it all?"

"I can't, I'll lose my mind!"

"Okay, just keep the important stuff."

"There. It's all gone. Apart from this."

"Why don't you throw that into the garage?"

"Alright..."

I opened my eyes, smiling. "You're ready." Taurus grinned, looking down at the Grimoire. "Okay." I took Taurus' hands, taking a deep breath as he prepared to speak the incantation. "Spirituum naturam immortalitatis dona mihi....spirituum naturam immortalitatis dona mihi...spirituum naturam immortalitatis dona mihi..." I opened my eyes, seeing that his eyes had turned to a luminous yellow, his pupils no longer visible. "Spirituum naturam immortalitatis dona mihi! spirituum naturam immortalitatis dona mihi! spirituum naturam immortalitatis dona mihi!" His eyes closed abruptly, the light moving down through his throat and into his heart, an angelic aura surrounding him. Despite the beauty surrounding him, Taurus winced, clutching his head. "Spirituum naturam immortalitatis dona mihi! SPIRITUUM NATURAM IMMORTALITATIS DONA MIHI! SPIRITUUM NATURAM IMMORTALITATIS DONA MIHI!"