Zodiacs at Hogwarts (70K) Part 2

SCORPIO ROSIER

"So I was thinking, since there's a Hogsmeade trip soon, we could go to Madam Puddifoot's together?" Aries smiled nervously, annoyingly different from the reckless, take-no-prisoners boy I knew. 

"I'm busy," I replied, looking away.

"Well, there's the Quidditch game-"

"Busy."

"How about-"

"Maybe some other time, okay?"

"But-"

"I've got class. See you soon."

I turned on my heel, knowing Aries was watching me, his heart breaking slowly. at this point, I couldn't help it. I just didn't want to see him, didn't want to be near him, didn't want anything to do with him. I was just... done. I was so, so done with Aries. 

The worst part of all that?

He'd done nothing.

It was all me.

Retreating down an all-too-familiar wing of the castle, I looked up to see Leo leaning against the wall, boredly examining her nails. "What took you so long, Rosier?" she asked. 

"Got held up."

"Didn't realise you and your brat sister were so alike."

"Shut up, Snyde. Where are the others?"

"Inside."

I focused on the wall, willing for a door to open, willing to reach her...

A small, brown door appeared, letting me into a large, palatial conference room, complete with stools for seating, large chandeliers and polished walls. Virgo and Capricorn sat on stools, silently conversing, while the Patil boy and Gemini Rookwood stood in silence. Gemini looked handsome as always, a smirk on his face as he watched Leo and I walk in. Aquarius, however, stood absolutely still, his sharp features at complete rest. For some strange reason, that made him more attractive than Gemini in my eyes. "Well, well, if it isn't the most ornamental member of our little organisation," Leo chimed, approaching Gemini. 

(Conference room)

(Conference room)

"Takes one to know one," Gemini replied as Leo got (uncomfortably) close to him. 

That would've been enough to cause most people to blush and get flustered, but Gemini retained his composure, confident in his movements and words. This was Leo's pattern with every boy unlucky enough to cross her path - lure him him, tangle him up and then kill him, like some sort of venomous spider. Sometimes I wondered if she could change. I wondered if she could fix herself, if she could stop being so cold. 

"Can we start the meeting?" Capricorn asked, looking irritated, even though we all knew she was more jealous than anything else. The reason she'd tried so hard to become the best, to become the boss of this joint, was because of her obsession with Leo. Because of her feelings for Leo.