20

LOVE YOU TROYE SIVAN 

Scorpio

"Libra!" I rushed over to my girlfriend's side. "You okay? Are you feeling faint? Do you need to go lie down? Need me to help-" Libra silenced me by putting a finger to my lips. She smiled. "I'm okay, Scorpio. That barely hurt." I arched a brow, skeptical. I'd heard Taurus' hand making contact with Libra's cheek from ten metres away. "I'm a fighter. I'll survive, okay?" I nodded. "God, Taurus is such a-" Once again, Libra silenced me. 

"Let's not talk about her, okay? I just want to have some fun." I nodded, throwing my arm around Libra's shoulders. "What do you want to do?" I watched, smiling, as her whole face lit up. Her smile really was contagious. I began to smile too, thinking of Libra and just why I loved her so much. 

Most guys liked Libra because she seemed so perfect. She had the grades, the looks, the life. And at first, that made me think she was nothing but a typical 'Mean Girl.' But the truth was far from that. Libra was a complicated person-more complicated than most people, if I was being honest. Since the day I saw her at the childrens' play center at the mall, I started figuring her out. I wanted to know everything about her-how she thought, how she acted, who she really was. 

And when we got closer, I realised that Libra wasn't perfect in any way, shape or form. Perfection was just a facade she put up, a wall she built, to keep people out. I broke through that wall of perfection, and I found the chaos, the pain, behind it. 

There was no two ways about it-Libra was broken. More broken than me, more broken than anyone I had ever heard of or met. So broken she had resorted to using-and breaking-others for her own pleasure. 

Libra's dark side was something so mysterious, so explicit, so unfiltered. There was something dangerous yet beautiful about something so reckless. Someone so reckless. Being a natural fighter, I wanted to beat Libra's dark side. Bring out the best Libra there ever was. And through our discussions, outings and enjoyable little quarrels, I thought I was finally beating that dark side to the curb. 

But then Taurus, that little diva, had come along and unraveled all my work. And, oh, I hated her for it. 

"Hey, Scorpio?"  I looked down at Libra. "You're real quiet today." I sighed. "I'm sorry, I was just thinking of what happened." Libra took in a deep breath, releasing it gently. She always did this when she was stressed. "Scorpio, I need to tell you something. It's about... Leo." I frowned. What was going on?

"Look, I don't have feelings for Leo. Like, at all." I nodded. "I know, you-"

"Led him on." 

"Yeah."

"Well, turns out... He knew I was going to lead him on. I went over to his place to apologise..."

Oh no. Had she...

"No, it's not like that!" Libra gasped, wide-eyed when she saw my expression.

"Well, he told me he knew, and he let me because he really liked me."

I sighed, relieved. I really thought she'd gone and cheated on me for a moment.

"I told him I didn't return his feelings, and he..."

"He what?"

"He told me he didn't care. He was fine with being the second choice."

Libra buried her face in my shoulder. I gasped, feeling tears soak into my t-shirt. Libra's tears. "Hey, hey, it's fine," I soothed, pulling her in closer. Libra was positively sobbing at this point-I could hear the sniffling. "I don't get it, Scorpio. Why am I such a bad person?" I sighed. "I don't know, Libra. I don't know why we both live like this." I looked into her eyes. "But we have to get ourselves out of this lifestyle, yeah?"

She nodded, wiping away her tears. "Yeah, we really do." I smiled. "Hey, what kind of makeup are you wearing? Must be really waterproof..." Libra laughed. "I'm not wearing any makeup. I decided to give it up." Really? She was wearing no makeup? And she still looked this pretty, if not prettier? "I really didn't notice, you know?" Libra smiled. "That's a nice thing to say, but I-" I stopped Libra, putting a finger to her lips. 

"You look even more beautiful like this, you know?"

Libra smiled. "Thanks." She looked up at me, her eyes full of despair and hope and longing. "Hey, let's go somewhere." She took my hand. "On your bike." I nodded. "Sure, let's go."

.....

An hour later, we were sitting on the roof of a skyscraper, our hands laced together. "Look, that's Orion's belt." Libra pointed at a row of three stars. "Those stars join with Orion's belt to make Orion, which is the hunter. He's just a myth, but I love the story behind him-" I stopped Libra with a kiss. My hands found their way around her waist, slowly pulling her closer. I felt my eyes close, my thoughts melt away with that kiss. The last thing I saw was Orion's belt out of the corner of my eye.

Libra deepened the kiss, pulling me toward her. All of a sudden, our demons didn't matter. We were just two teenagers who had fallen for each other under the stars. And tonight, we were together under the very stars that had brought us together. 

There were no limits, no drawbacks. Tonight... tonight was special.

I leant into Libra, letting myself fall for her all over again.

.....

"Hello? Hello?"

I groaned softly. Where was I? Easing myself off the floor gently, I opened my eyes, only to find Sagittarius scowling at me. Aries looked strangely excited, almost giddy, for some reason. I brushed off my jacket, finding dust all over it. "What were you thinking?" Sagittarius yelled. I frowned, confused. "What-" Someone groaned next to me. "Where-OH MY GOD!" Libra was up faster than a bolt. She began to brush the lint off her own clothes. "Oh my goodness, we fell asleep stargazing!" I smiled slightly. "Hey, this is no laughing matter!" Libra scowled. 

I smirked. "C'mon, let's go face the music, yeah?"

Libra shuddered. "Oh, no..."

She looked like she deeply regretted coming to the roof at midnight with me. Probably because she got caught. 

But I had no regrets. In fact, I would stay out in the cold months of November on a skyscraper with her again.

Because she was with me.

I wrapped my arm around Libra, feeling truly at home for the first time in my life.