B2 17

Virgo

I ran as fast as my legs would carry me, because there was nothing I could do but run. 

I knew that I was running from my feelings. I knew I was running from the perfect guy for me. 

But there was another guy out there, another guy who cared about me, who didn't deserve any of this.

Flopping down on a bench, my hands flew to my face as the tears began, my loud, echoing sobs reverberating for miles around. Everything had been going so perfectly. I was happy with Lewis. I was finally making a breakthrough with Leo. Everything was working out for me. 

And that kiss, that kiss that felt like an explosion of all the happiness in the world, it had ruined everything.

Where was I meant to go from this? What would happen to my relationship with Lewis? Even when I thought of him, the image of Capricorn's face came up. The feeling of Capricorn's embrace, the warmth of his hands, the way being close to him made me feel, that was all I could think of.

My thoughts were clouded. My emotions were clouded. 

I just needed a release. I needed to clear my head. 

I needed a reprieve.

"Hey, what's-Virgo?"

Leo sat himself down next to me, looking concerned. 

"Hi..." I stumbled, trying for a smile.

"You okay, Virgo?"

"No."

"Well, what's botherin' you?"

"I... nothing."

"Doesn't sound like nothing."

I glared at him, folding my arms across my chest. "You're one to talk. I've hears about how you treated Drew after he came out. I can see your hood lowered. You're trying to avoid people seeing you, aren't you?"

"That is none of your business!"

"Actually, it is! It is my business if you're being an absolute jerk to someone who's brave enough to be who they are! Drew's been nothing but nice to you, and this is how you repay the favour? By excluding him, by shunning him, just because he's gay? Well, let me tell you something, Leo. I'm not standing for it, and neither is anybody else. You and your stupid little football team can go to hell, for all I care."

"Don't go around trying to get involved in my business when you've got so many problems of your own, Virgo!"

"What problems?"

"You're sitting on a bench at 8 in the evening, crying your heart out. I think it's safe to say that there's a problem."

"You know what? Screw you! You're always acting like you care about others, like you want to fix them, when really, you're just looking for more ways to fuel your ego. You're always going around picking on the ones who have it rough, on the girls who have issues, claiming that you 'care about them.' You don't care about them. You just care about you.

"It's what you did with Libra. It's what you do with all those cheerleaders you invite to your little parties. You wait around before it's just you and one of them, and then you take them outside, and you drink and talk, drink and talk, until they're drunk enough to cry to you about their life problems. You offer up some kind of recycled advice and they eat it up, and then they throw their arms around you and they call you kind and caring and protective, when really, you're none of those things.

"You're just a jerk. You're the worst kind of jerk to exist too. You're the one everybody knows is bad news, but who everybody is drawn to anyways. I don't know what it is about you, but you've got some kind of hold on the school. You've got everybody under your little spell. You've got everyone wrapped around your little finger, with that flawless skin, with that perfect face, with your strength, your muscles..."

Leo laughed, straightening up. "It sounds like you're 'under my spell' too, then." 

"Damn it, Leo, you- don't twist my words like that! I find you attractive. You are attractive, you are good-looking, you seem like a great guy from a distance-"

"I find you attractive too."

"THAT'S NOT WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY!"

"You weren't trying to tell me that you're into me?"

"I wasn't. I was telling you that you're a massive jerk, I was telling you that you blatantly use people as you see fit and then you just forget about them altogether. I'm talking about how horribly you treated Libra that day at the restaurant and how rude you were to Scorpio. I'm talking about your idiotic behaviors that seem to work on everyone, your dumb smile and the way you walk around school-"

"It still sounds like you're telling me you're into me."

"That's not what I said at all-"

"Look, I'm into you too."

He looked me dead in the eye and there was something almost frightening about that cold gaze of his. It was frightening, the kind of control he had over me. Even as I looked at him, I felt myself moving toward him, like a moth drawn to a flame. 

"NO! THIS JUST DUMB!"

"You're an inch from my face."

It was true. I was leaning over, right next to him, every feeling scrambled, every thought turned upside down. 

And before I knew it, I was kissing him, and he was kissing me. His arms were around me, and my arms were around him, and all of a sudden, my mind was blank. I felt nothing. 

Nothing at all.

I want to feel like this forever. 

So I didn't push him away. I didn't drop my arms. I didn't even know what I was doing, or why I was doing it. It was just instinct, just impulse.

Impulse.

"Virgo, I'm he-"

I pushed Leo away abruptly, turning to face Lewis, who had dropped the coffee he was holding.

"LEWIS!"

I definitely had some explaining to do.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK WILL HAPPEN NEXT? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS!