B2 22

RECAP (since it's been sooooo long since I wrote this story:)

This year at Varsity High, Aquarius set out with a new look. She wanted popularity and power right up until she found out that she was pregnant by a boy called Drew. Aquarius' pregnancy prompted her the resolve her issues with Gemini. The father of her baby, Drew, came out as gay. Virgo got stuck tutoring Leo (who finally got closure over his past relationship with Libra.) Leo and Virgo caught feelings for one another and Capricorn finally gave into his feelings for Virgo and kissed her. Virgo later kissed Leo and her boyfriend, Lewis, saw. Leo and Virgo got together. Meanwhile, a boy from a hospital adopted the persona of William Chang, cousin of the deceased Cancer Chang. William has a secret, but nobody knows what it is. Finally, the cheerleaders at Varsity High, headed by Libra, grew tired of being overlooked and held a protest. The last chapter ended with Libra being suspended.

AQUARIUS

A lot had happened to lead up to this moment.

I was now around five months pregnant, showing, glowing, and well on my way to having twins. I'd found out that there was a boy and a girl and I'd already been brainstorming names, spending afternoons with Will and Gemini preparing myself for the third trimester. Gemini had been kind enough to cover GP expenses, telling me that her parents simply didn't care enough to check what she did with the $5,000 added to her bank account fortnightly.

God, she was rich. And insanely generous.

In other news, Libra's parents had appealed her suspension to the school and the cheerleaders had finally been granted permission to go to competitions as well as a five minute performance at every football game. We were out at a celebratory dinner for the cheerleaders, with the footballers covering the cost of the night as an apology for their behaviour over the past few weeks. I sat at a table with Pisces, Taurus, Gemini, Will and Drew, with Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius and Aries at a separate table. Leo and Virgo sat with Darron (Gemini had wanted to sit with the footballer until she realised he was going to hang out with Leo and Virgo) and a collection of footballers and cheerleaders.

Capricorn had decided not to come. He hadn't been showing his face much after Leo and Virgo had become a stable couple. It was my understanding that the kiss-however it had gone down-was something Capricorn regretted, and something he had apologised for profusely. Virgo was the one not offering her forgiveness, continuing to treat Capricorn like he didn't exist.

"Are you okay, Aquarius?" Will asked, his blue eyes full of concern. It really was unnerving, how much he looked like Cancer. How much he acted like Cancer, down to his mannerisms.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little tired is all." I hesitated before continuing to speak only because Will was there to listen. "Ever since I started this year at school, I've been so, so tired. It's not just this pregnancy, it's just everything about my life right now. When I wake up, all I can think of is the fact that I have to endure another day full of judgement, and honestly, sometimes I wish I didn't wake up
at all. Sometimes I feel like..."

"The world is working against you," Will finished. "You've always felt like the world was working against you. All the late nights you spent locked in your room, everything you did to escape reality..."

"It was all for nothing. All of it was for nothing." I closed my eyes, hastily opening them again when I realised what Will had said. Slowly, painfully, an old memory arose, a memory I'd reminded myself to forget about a thousand times but I hadn't been able to let go of.

It was late. 1 in the morning, maybe. It was so, so late. I was sobbing, tears falling like bullets, knees pulled into my chest. "Listen to my voice, Aquarius. Please, just listen. I know you're upset. I know things aren't the way you want them to be."

Cancer was trying his best, but even he couldn't calm me down. "Nothing has ever been the way I want it to be!" I screamed. "I'm so tired, Cancer. When I wake up, all I can think of is the fact that I have to endure another day full of judgement, and honestly, sometimes I wish I didn't wake up
at all. Sometimes I feel like the world is working against me."

"If the world is working against you, if it's trying to fight you, you need to fight back, Aquarius," Cancer soothed, his voice still as calm as ever.

"I try. All the late nights I spend locked in my room, everything I do to escape reality... It's all for nothing, isn't it? It never gets better, does it?" I questioned, unable to control the sobs anymore.

"I know this won't seem like a lot right now, but I want you to know I'm always going to be here. You and I, we'll fight back together. You're my best friend, Aquarius. I'm never going to leave you."

I should've known then and there that tragedy was an inch away. A comatose boy and a motorbike away. An unrequited love later.

But that was that. He promised to stay by me... and he left me a week later.

He left me.

"Aquarius? Aquarius, are you alright?" Will questioned. He out his hand on my arm, using his fingers to calm me down.

Just like Cancer.

It can't be true.

I gasped as the realisation settled in. "Will, can you help me outside, please?"

"Of course."

We walked out, 'Will's' arm around my shoulders. As the doors closed behind us, I looked both ways, just to make sure nobody was coming.

"Do you need me to drive you?" Will began, leaning over.

"What I need to you to do," I replied, doing my very best to keep my tone level, "is tell me who you really are, and why you know about my exact conversation with Cancer Chang."