B2 8

Aries

"I think you've exerted yourself enough for one day." 

I was sitting on a couch at Libra's place, watching Shadowhunters, when my phone rang loudly enough to wake the dead. "For the love of God, Aries, put that thing on silent!" called Sagittarius from the kitchen. "Well, you stop eating everything in the kitchen, doof-"

I looked down at my phone, realising that Gemini was calling me. Strange. 

"Hello?" 

"Um, Aries, hi! Is... are you with Libra?" 

"I'm at her place, but she's watching a movie with Scorpio upstairs. Why?"

"I kinda need urgent help."

"What is it? I'm sure I can help too..."

"Okay, well, I suppose there's no harm in asking..."

"Spit it out, then."

Gemini sighed, her voice shaky. "Aquarius... Aquarius is pregnant."

"WHAT?" I screamed, leaping to my feet. 

"What is it, Aries?" asked Sagittarius, hurrying back into the room armed with... a bag of chips.

"Wait, is someone with you?" asked Gemini.

"Yeah, just Sagittarius," I answered. "Anyways, where's Aquarius right now?"

"She's at my place. I told her to relax, watch some TV."

"Yeah, that's good, but has she told you if she's going to keep the baby?"

"No, not yet..."

Sagittarius sat himself down next to me, crunching on his chips as silently as he could. I sighed, standing up. "Let me go get Libra. After everything that happened to her cousin Val, she's probably got some good advice..."

Libra's older cousin, Val, had fallen pregnant two years ago while we were freshmen. Libra had helped Val through the abortion procedure and had supported her for months to follow. If anyone could help Aquarius through this, it was her. Hurrying upstairs to Libra's room, I knocked before letting myself in, finding Libra with her glasses on, eyes glued to the screen, as Scorpio snored gently. "Aries?" Libra whispered, not wanting to wake her boyfriend. She pressed pause on her show, clambering out of bed. Libra wrapped the covers around Scorpio, patting his head as his snores grew louder. 

"Yeah, it's Gemini. She wants to talk to you."

Libra nodded, taking my phone. "Hey Gemini, what's up?"

.....

"Can someone please tell me why I'm shuttling everyone to Gemini's place at 6 in the morning?" Scorpio asked, pushing his hair out of his eyes. He looked incredibly grumpy, with his brows set in a frown and his lips pursed. Sagittarius, Libra, William and I sat in one of Cole family's many cars-a grey Sedan. 

"We're going to help Aquarius," Libra groaned. "How many times will I have to repeat myself?"

"Yeah, that's great, but why couldn't we help her after school? Did we really have to drive to Gemini's at six in the mor-"

"Stop whining! Honestly get a grip of yourse-"

"I will whine if I want to! You didn't even let me sleep!"

William's line of sight went from Libra to Scorpio, who were seated in the front, before turning toward me. "I thought they were a couple," he muttered as Libra and Scorpio went on bickering.

"They fight with every breath, but they do care about each other," I answered. Sagittarius nodded, clearly sick of listening to Libra and Scorpio fight. Honestly, I wanted what Libra and Scorpio had. They fought so much, but at the end of the day, they were always going out of their way to do sweet things for each other. Whenever Libra was tired, Scorpio would make her some tea and put on a rom-com for her, making her fresh popcorn to go with the movie.