8

Scorpio

Scorpio

Libra walked out of Virgo's place, makeup kit in hand. She had earpods in and was looking around, seemingly distracted. I took a moment to appreciate just how beautiful she looked up against the trees in that orange-brown romper. I remembered the way she'd thrown herself at the mannequin wearing the outfit because it had her size on. She'd wrestled the romper off the mannequin and fit a tank top with jeans onto it instead before the store clerk came back.

God, I love that girl. 

(Libra's look)

(Libra's look)

I decided to leave my hiding spot, walking up to Libra. She was looking down at the floor absentmindedly, running headfirst into me instead. Her eyes widened and her lips narrowed into a thin line. "What do you want?" She unplugged her earpods, looking up at me. "I want you to be honest." Libra looked away, focusing on everything but me. "I don't know what you're talking about." She turned, walking away. I hurried to catch up with her, adjusting my own pace to match hers. 

"Libra, you know I love you. I don't want to live without you by my side." I turned to look at her. "And I know you love me too." I reached gently for her hand, taking it in mine. "You need to know why I didn't jump." Libra shot me a skeptical look before sighing. "Fine, I'll hear you out. But I don't want Virgo to listen, so can we go?" I nodded, gesturing toward my bike. Libra reached for her old helmet, fastening it over her head and clambering onto the back of my bike. She wrapped her arms around my waist, just the way she did before. I started the bike, the faint smell of petrol lingering in the air as I took off.

.....

"Okay, now talk." I'd brought Libra out to the beach where we'd had our first kiss. It was a moment that I would never forget-bringing the girl I loved to a place I loved and telling her just how I felt. We were walking along the outskirts of the beach, the water gently splaying over our feet before receding again. "Well, after I got you to dive off the cliff, the gang... they threatened to jump after you." I looked down at my feet, slick with wet sand. "They were going to kill you, so I told them to take me instead."

Libra turned to look at me. "What did they do to you?" She took my hand, concerned. "They tortured me. 48 hours. With the rod, the dagger, the whip..." Memories of the surging pain flashed before my eyes, the dangerous red tint of blood clouding my vision like it had back then. I felt my strides grow uneven, and Libra's arm wrap around my shoulders. "Let's get you to the sand." 

We sat together on the beach, watching the moon embrace the water, sending distorted beams of light flickering across the large, swelling waves. "Scorpio... Why didn't you tell me?" Libra asked softly, her head on my shoulder. "I didn't want you to worry. You're too special to go through that. I love you too much." Libra smiled, her dimples sparkling. "Scorpio..." I looked straight into her eyes, craning my neck to do so. 

"Libra, there's nobody here but you and I. No reputations to uphold. No popularity. No spectators. No pressure to act a certain way so that people don't think we're weak or gullible or strange." Libra's eyes widened once again. "So please, please, be honest with me." Libra nodded, her hand slipping into mine once again. "I love you. Do you love me?"

She looked into my eyes, a wildfire blazing within the glassy black depths of her irises. Her clench tightened around my hand, and before I knew it, her lips were on mine. It was just like the first time, only better. I felt my eyes close, my wounds healing from the happiness spreading through my body. This was everything we used to be multiplied by ten. Ten times as beautiful. Ten times as intriguing. Ten times as interesting. 

Libra gently broke the kiss. I looked at my girlfriend's flushed face, her sparkling black eyes, her chocolate curls. She was perfect. This was perfect. "I'll take that a yes," I mused. Libra laughed. "Stop teasing, idiot." I smirked. "Okay, I'll stop." I put an arm around Libra, placing my head over hers. As I drifted off, I found myself smiling. This was happiness.

Hi readers!

I hope you're enjoying reading the book as much as I'm enjoying writing it! What did you guys think of my edit? Just in case anyone didn't get it, Scorpio was the right and Libra the left. It was based off the music video for We Don't Talk Anymore as well. I got the idea watching a Miraculous AMV. Also, you guys liking Leo x Libra or Scorpio x Libra? Let me know in the comments down below! Also, HUGE thank you for getting this book to number 8 in #zodiac! Hopefully we can make it to number one soon :) Hope you liked my little thumbnail for the edit as well-I made it with Canva and was just toying around with the neon effect. Keep voting for this book and don't forget to follow me for announcements on it!

-WatchMeWhip13, your author