B2 18

Scorpio

If I knew one thing, it was that things were never, ever going to calm down at Varsity High. Last week's gossip was forgotten as something-as something more exciting-came up. This week, the 'breaking news' was Virgo Yeon's chaotic love life-she had supposedly kissed two guys who weren't her boyfriend on the same night, and her boyfriend had seen her the second time. 

To Varsity High, it was the most juicy gossip they'd gotten all year, with Libra having made her exit from the spotlight and Leo becoming considerably more grounded. 

But to me, it was all a load of crap. 

To start with, I was sure the truth had been exaggerated. Maybe Virgo had gotten caught up in the moment with a guy. Maybe it was an accident. 

Whatever it was, I knew Virgo wasn't dumb enough to make the same mistake twice. 

"Libra! Scorpio! There you are!" Pisces exclaimed. He was with Taurus (as always, although I wasn't one to talk, being as attached as I was to my girlfriend) and Gemini, the three of them having a quiet conversation. Gemini's eyebrows were raised as if she were in deep shock, while Taurus' mouth was set in a grim line. 

"You've heard?" Libra asked Taurus, who nodded. "It's true, Leebs. Her boyfriend said so himself-you know Lewis, that guy who used to drop her off. He just went absolutely ballistic in front of a couple of freshmen girls when Virgo was trying to apologise to him. I don't get why he was even driving her to school.

"Well, anyway, the freshmen girls told us he said Virgo had kissed two guys. He said she'd kissed Capricorn... and Leo."

Taurus bit her lip nervously, clearly worried about what Libra might have to say. I was a little bit worried too, wondering if Libra was going abandon her calm exterior and erupt. 

Instead, she laughed, rolling her eyes.

"That is so typical. Leo's always there when something happens. I bet he kissed her for attention or something."

Taurus sighed, her face contorted in worry. It looked to me like she was holding back on some information, hoping not to upset Libra with it. Part of me knew what she knew anyways...

"What is it?" Libra asked, catching Taurus and I exchanging frantic glances. "Okay, well, it was actually Virgo who came onto Leo. Lewis saw. She leaned over and kissed him, and she didn't pull away, and neither did he."

"And you said she kissed Capricorn?"

"I don't know anything about that. I'm guessing she slipped up and told Lewis about him too."

Libra looked incredibly surprised, as if revisiting a lot of her thoughts about the people in question. "So Capricorn... not as innocent as he seems. Virgo, also not as innocent as she seems. And Leo, just a typical douchebag getting involved. 

"I can see why everyone's gone ballistic."

As in on queue, Leo and Virgo walked in, Leo with his arm around Virgo. I could see the smudges under Virgo's eyes, blotted out with powder. She'd tried quite hard to cover up her tears, but it clearly hadn't worked very well. Everyone in the hallway fell silent, jaws dropping and eyes widening as Leo leaned down to kiss Virgo on the cheek, smirking. "See? I told you it was gonna be okay, babe."

Just as Leo and Virgo were about to turn the corner, Capricorn came down the stairs, dropping his books when he saw Leo and Virgo. "What?" he asked nobody in particular rather incredulously, taking slow steps toward Virgo and Leo. "Virgo, what are you doing?"

Virgo looked uncomfortable, something changing in the way she held herself upon seeing Capricorn. With Leo, she had looked strangely empty. With Capricorn, she looked so full of life. She was thriving in his presence, and anyone with eyes could see it.

I snickered, thinking of Adrien Agreste.

"Why're you laughing, bike boy?" Leo asked, turning around. I looked around, realising he was talking to me. 

"It has nothing to do with you," I replied, doing my best to sound nonchalant.

"Well why were you laughing, then?"

"Just... a thought."

"Tell us your thought, Costa."

I bristled, angered by his use of my surname. I didn't want to be Scorpio Costa. Scorpio Costa had a dead sister and a psychopath of a father. He had an absentee mother who had no interest in even attending her own daughter's funeral. 

"I'm not Scorpio Costa," I growled, taking a step closer to Leo.

"Who are you then?" Leo taunted, smirking. 

Oh, how satisfying it would've been to knock some of this punk's teeth out.

"Your ex would know," I replied coolly. The small crowd surrounding us burst out in exclamation, shouting their approval, when Leo took a step forward, his first centimetres from my face-

"GET AWAY FROM HIM!" came two collective yells. Libra... and Will. Libra ended up taking a punch in the side, the best she could do to protect me and her face at the same time. She doubled over.

A quarterback's punch was not a force to be messed with.

Leo's eyes widened as he fell to his knees, watching as Libra held her side, wincing. "Libra, oh my God, I-"

Will brushed himself off, having landed on the floor next to me, his hands on my shoulders.

There was something so familiar about those hands...

"Get lost, Leo!" I yelled, rushing to Libra's side. "Leebs, you good?" I asked, helping her up. Rather than holding her side or wincing, Libra growled softly, attempting to run toward Leo. I took her hands, holding her back. 

"LET-ME-GO!" she yelled, trying to jerk her hands out of mine... when Sagittarius took her hands instead. 

Freeing her hands slowly, Libra turned to face her best friend, clearly wondering what he had to say. "Sarge, please, I need to go kick Le-" 

"I know Leo's a jerk, but just turn around, Libra. I think what' going on over there's a lot worse than your problem right now."

She turned, only to see Capricorn standing there, a single tear making its way down his face, as Virgo left him there.

"Virgo just told Capricorn he was a fool to think she could love someone like him," Sagittarius explained. I stood there wide-eyed, wanting to comfort Capricorn.

And, for some reason, I found myself walking over to him and putting my hands on his shoulders.

"Capricorn, it'll be okay. You don't need Virgo. You've got us."

And with that, a new friendship was born. 

PLEASE ADD YOUR CHARACTERS TO THE 70K SPECIAL APPLYFIC!