B2 1

(N.B. For future reference, B2 means Book 2-Zodiac High: Junior Year.)

CHECK OUT THE VIDEO UP ABOVE! It's the introduction to the characters (actors) of Zodiac High. Watch and enjoy! Also, if you want more content like this with the actors, let me know in the comments. 

Aquarius

"Aqua! Hurry up!" Andromeda called, the smell of burning pancakes coming from the kitchen.

"Jeez. Let me get ready." I pulled on my heels, taking one last look at myself in the mirror before drinking a single glass of water, leaving Andromeda with her burning heap of pancakes. I walked out of the house, my ride waiting out front.

"You ready, sunshine?" Drew asked, smirking.

I rolled my eyes, opening the door to the shotgun seat of Drew's second-hand Sedan. "Drive already, idiot."

"Did I tell you how good you look in that dress, sunshine?" 

"Thanks, I guess."

"No problem. Wanna hit the swimming hole tonight? Massive party, Todd's bringing booze."

"Why not?"

"Great! I'll pick you up round six. Your folks cool with it?"

"They're not around enough to give a crap."

"Right." Drew turned up the music, the sun tickling his blonde hair. He wore his red varsity jacket, washed out denim jeans and Air Jordans on his feet, his brown eyes sparkling. We had a casual thing going-no attachments, no expectations, no strings attached. Just the way I liked it. We pulled up in front of the school. Drew parked the car, opening the door for me. I smiled at him. "Kiss for good luck, sunshine?"

"Quit calling me sunshine."

I leant forward and kissed him briefly before walking away, leaving him to watch my turning back. I proceeded to walk into Varsity High, flicking my hair slightly as I walked. People's heads turned, conversations ceased and jaws dropped as I walked past, smiling to myself. I had dressed to impress, wearing a figure-hugging black romper with meshed sleeves and a studded collar paired with silver heels. The outfit wasn't trendy. It was timeless. 

(Aquarius' outfit)

(Aquarius' outfit)

I arrived at Libra's locker, where she was kissing Scorpio, oblivious to her surroundings. "Anyone home?" I asked, laughing. Libra gasped, pulling away from Scorpio, who was blushing. 

"Sorry..."

I realised I was looking down at Libra now, realising her heels were gone. Instead, she wore a pair of canvas high tops, paired with a  white and pink dress. There was nothing extraordinary about the outfit-it was actually quite normal. Scorpio wore a white tee over faded blue jeans and blue-and-white sneakers, perfectly countering Libra's clothing. It was true-they were meant to be. Elsewhere, Leo stood, sulking, in a tan shirt and jeans. 

(Libra's dress)

(Libra's dress)

"How's your summer been, Aqua?" Libra asked, smiling. "I haven't really been in the loop, so..."

"It was cool. Had some good times."

Scorpio grinned, shooting me a very awkward thumbs-up. He clearly wanted a moment with his girlfriend. I walked away, running right into the last person I wanted to see. "Gemini," I seethed. She stopped in her tracks, looking nervous. She drew in a breath, toying with her white Bardot top. She wore the top with regular denim jeans and sneakers, almost as if she were trying not to be seen.  

(Gemini's outfit)

(Gemini's outfit)

"So, Gem, how were your holidays?"

"They were good! How have you been?"

"Ah, let's see, upset, lonely, angry, sad and euphoric. Hint: you contributed to four out of five of those."

"Aqua, I'm sorry-"

"Save it," I replied, walking away. Gemini glanced at me furtively before turning away. I smirked, watching as people tripped over their bags to talk to me. This was how it was supposed to go down. 

"You coming to the swimming hole tonight?"

"You slayed Maddie at beer pong..."

"When we gonna get down again?"

"You gotta come over sometime."

The morning was a blur of conversations during Maths which ended in a detention for me and a couple of others, not that I particularly cared. I left the room, surrounded by a group of my 'summer friends', when Gemini approached me. 

"What?" I asked, annoyed.

"Can we talk? I just want to apologise."

"Whatever you want to say to me you can say in front of them."

Gemini sighed. "Okay, here goes nothing. I'm really sorry, Aquarius, for being such a brat and bailing on you. I'm sorry for betraying you and putting anyone before our friendship. I love you, Aquarius, and I want to be your best friend again, if you'll have me back."

A long silence persisted, in which Gemini looked up at me, scared, and the others side-eyed her. Finally, I broke the silence. "Nah, Gemini. I'm good. I've moved on, and you should proabably do the same. You don't want to wind up looking desperate for friends, do you?"

The damage had been done. The rest of the group I was with burst out laughing, belittling Gemini's apology. They mimicked her crying, her running away, her loud sobs which echoed throughout the halls. They did what they had back when Cancer had passed away. It would have been the exact same scene.

Except this time, I was the one who was laughing the loudest.