Zodiacs at Hogwarts (70K) Part Three

CANCER MALFOY

"What do you want, brother?" Draco asked, looking mildly irritated. 

"Just wanted to know if your friend Pansy is up for grabs."

"Aren't you fooling around with that Snyde girl?"

"You know me, Draco. I'm not about to tie myself down."

"You disgust me."

"I love you, too!"

I walked out of the room, hoping Draco was distracted. Distracted enough. Hurrying out of the Slytherin dungeon, I made my way up the stairs, hoping they were where they said they were.

"Finally, you're here!"

Sagittarius grinned, his brown eyes twinkling. 'Beautiful' was the right way to describe his looks. He was so, so beautiful, with that chiseled jawline, with that smooth complexion. He looked like a god. Like a Greek hero, with that tragic look hiding behind the cheer in his face. Libra cleared her throat and Cancer immediately knew he'd locked eyes with Sagittarius for just a moment too long. He hastily looked away, turning up his nose. "I am here on time. I do not need to be lectured."

"Which girl was it today?" Sagittarius asked, laughing. 

Was Cancer mistaken, or had he heard a twinge of jealousy in the Gryffindor boy's voice?

"Let me guess," Libra cut in. "Ooh, Padma! No, no, Susan! No... Pansy!"

"It was none of them. I was not with a girl."

"Oh, because your breakup with the twin sister of the girl you're currently hitting on? Has it left you reeling?"

"It has not." 

"No, Libra, you have it all wrong," Sagittarius interjected. "Cancer might have the hots for Padma now, but we all know his end goal is Leo."

"Who, Leo Snyde?"

"You know any other Leos?"

"I- I don't-"

Sighing, I collected myself. Thus was not the time to break my cover. I had to make them believe that I really and truly was as shallow as I looked. Outside of the Room of Requirement, I couldn't let my guard down. 

"Please. She'd be lucky to have me," I replied, running a hand through my hair. 

"Typical," Sagittarius sniggered. What he didn't know was that I wanted him more than I'd ever wanted anyone else. He was perfect. It wasn't his face, or his personality. It was just his aura, I supposed. I could sense when he was near. Even if I couldn't see him or hear his voice, I could feel his presence. It made me feel as if I had uncovered something made and meant for me. 

The old legend that your soulmate truly was your 'other half' came to mind when I thought of how I felt near Sagittarius. How I felt 'drawn' to him, like a magnet of the opposing polarity. He was my other half, because without him, I was incomplete.

He didn't know it yet, but he would. I had to tell him.

"Alright, let's go in," said Libra. The three of us made our way through the door to the Room of Requirement, careful not to get caught. "-revising the Bat Bogey Hex and the Disarming Charm for those of you who are still having trouble-"

Harry stopped talking as we came in, nodding toward us. "Well, let's get into it, then. Libra, Cancer, Sagittarius, practice your Stunning spells. Parvati, join them."

Libra grimaced as Parvati walked over, looking at me questioningly. It was true. We'd broken up two weeks back. It had been from her end because she'd figured me out. She knew about my feelings for Sagittarius. In fact, she'd helped me realise it. Even when I had arguably the most beautiful girl in our grade on my arm, I'd been looking at Sagittarius. "Hey, Parvati. Let's practice. The two of-"