16

Gemini

"Oh, Aries, didn't expect to see you here-"

Libra pushed Sagittarius out of the way, walking right up to our table. Queen Curls was definitely in a temper. "Okay, whose idea was it to sneak out of school?" She slammed a fist onto the table top, causing Leo to jump. It was hilarious, really, how a 6'4 quarterback was absolutely terrified of Libra. Not that the girl wasn't scary-from martial arts duels to prank wars, Libra was the top dog. "Uh... It was Gemini!" Leo laughed nervously, pointing toward me. "Hey, quit lying, everyone knows it was you-"

"Save it, Gemini." Libra pulled a stool from a table, promptly sitting down on it. "I know it was Scorpio who set all this up. It's a good thing he's not with you guys right now." She sighed. "Also, why have you brought Cancer into this?" Cancer smiled slightly. "Uh... The teacher was making fun of me, so..." Libra smiled reassuringly. "It's okay, I get that you needed a break." She stood up, arms folded across her chest. "I'll let you off the hook this once. I'm bringing Sarge in." Aries reached across the table, grabbing Libra's bracelet by the charm. 

"No. I'm not looking at his jerk face for the rest of my-" Libra shook Aries off. "Look, nothing's going to change unless you face the problem. Trust me, I learnt that the hard way." I knew this for a fact-whenever Libra got cornered at a party, her first instinct was to run away. She probably acted the same way whenever she got caught up in drama at school. Aries opened her mouth to protest when Libra called for Sagittarius. "C'mon, let's give them some privacy, you guys."

We all walked out of the shop, leaving Aries and Sagittarius to talk it out. I decided to watch them through a window instead-I did, after all, take Lip Reading at school. 

"Why did you run off, Sarge?" Aries questioned.

"Look, Aries, you know how much commitment scares me."

This I could relate to. It was daunting, putting your time, love and devotion into one person. I mean, commitment meant holding your end on promises and offering your unwavering affection and support to a person. For a person who changed their mind so easily like myself, it wasn't an easy thing. Besides, in my opinion, it was better to just live life in the moment. It was my motto: What happens at the party stays at the party. 

"I get that, but I thought you'd be willing to give it a try for me!" Aries exclaimed.

"Aries, you don't understand. When I looked into your eyes, I saw what the future could look like if you and I ended up becoming an official item. It was horrible. All the plans I had to cancel, the people I had to leave behind, the never-ending pressure of being committed to someone else... and that was just in my head. It would be ten times worse in real life."

Aries moved closer to Sagittarius, taking his hands in her own. "It was all in your head. None of that is going to happen in real life."

"But how do I know that? If I get myself in, there's no getting out-"

Aries placed a finger to Sagittarius' lips. "Look, I know you're scared and unsure about what this is going to be like. So I'll make you a deal of some sort." Sagittarius nodded as Aries' finger came off his lips. "We'll start officially dating. If you like it after a month, we'll stay together. If it's too much for you to handle, we'll break up. No hard feelings. Okay?"

Sagittarius smiled. "I'm down."

"Then I suppose we have something to go and tell everyone."

.....

"Okay, so we're officially a couple!" Sagittarius announced. Everyone started cheering (myself included.) Well, I was cheering up until they kissed. God, love is gross. "Get a room, you two!" I shouted. Leo stifled a laugh, earning himself a smack on the head from Libra. "Well, at least something came out of you skipping. But Scorpio is still dead when I see him." I smirked as Scorpio walked across the path to Libra. "Miss me, babe?" Libra turned, punching Scorpio's chest. Hard.