B2 5

Gemini

"Come on, let's get you home," called Ginny as I donned my clothes from last night, hurrying downstairs. Taurus had just done the sweetest thing-she'd taken me in for the night. It was nice, lying in bed and watching 90's flicks with someone who genuinely cared. "Alright, let's go! Are you sure this is your address?"

I nodded, smiling at Ginny. You could see where Taurus had gotten her looks from-Ginny must've been a total babe back in the day. Of course, her daughter had followed suit-I honestly envied her big doe eyes and petite, curvy figure. In my opinion, Taurus was the prettiest girl in junior year. Not Libra. Not Aquarius. Taurus. 

That being said, Libra and Aquarius were both close seconds. 

"Here-WOW!" Ginny exclaimed, turning to look at the modern mansion I called home. Overlooking a private jetty, my home boasted four glass-walled bedrooms within two floors. A fully-equipped kitchen which was never used for anything apart from heating takeout led out toward an ultra-modern LED equipped patio dining area, next to a perfectly kept grass terrace. Lounge chairs were propped up next to the terrace, and beyond the dining area was an arrangement of patio furniture, leading out toward the infinity pool. 

(Gemini's house)

(Gemini's house)

"You can come in, if you'd like," I offered, glad to finally share my home with someone else. Ginny and Taurus followed me inside and I left them sitting by the infinity pool, heading upstairs to get changed. My own bedroom was identical to the rest of the house-cold and scarily quiet. A perfectly-made bed faced floor-length windows, a white armchair propped up, facing the bed. A fireplace heated up the room. I felt for Adam, our butler. How sad was it, caring for an empty home?

 How sad was it, caring for an empty home?

(Gemini's room)

I changed into a pair of flared denim jeans and a pink cropped tee reading 'Angel', pulling on a pair of white sneakers. Tying my hair up in a high ponytail, I took one final look at myself in the mirror, applying some mascara and lipgloss after I'd washed my face and patted it dry.

I stepped out of my bedroom, looking down at where Ginny and Taurus sat, Ginny with a loving arm around her daughter as they laughed about what a lovely house they were sitting in. I sighed, my heart slowly breaking. How badly I wanted a mother who would just put an arm around me and laugh. Instead, I got this gorgeous mansion and Adam as an excuse of a parent. My whole life, I had spent about half a day with my parents put together. The high point of my life was when my dad spent five minutes eating an ice cream with me.