B2 4

Taurus

"Catch me if you can!" I screamed, running from Pisces as fast as my legs could carry me. He let out a laugh, outrunning me and wrapping his arms around my waist. "That was way too easy," he wheezed, sitting himself down on a bench. I giggled, playing with his hair as he collected his breath when a girl dropped down onto a bench, cradling her face with her hands. I walked over to her, wondering what was wrong, when she let out a loud sob, lifting her face from her hands.

"Gemini?" I gasped, hastening to sit down next to her. She looked up at me, tears and makeup combining. "What's wrong, sweetie?"

"I-It's Cancer. He... he broke up with me!"

I wrapped my arms around Gemini as she sobbed into my jacket, clearly distraught. She'd obviously been on a date-she was wearing a gorgeous ruched satin baby pink dress and matching strappy heels. She must've forgotten her coat. I shrugged off my jacket, draping it across Gemini's shoulders as she sat up straight, sniffling slightly. "I'm sorry, that was so stupid," she whispered, scooping up her purse and turning away. 

"No, Gemini, it wasn't. Talk to me: why did he break up with you?"

"Well, he said he didn't want to lead me on. That he'd become particularly taken with someone else."

"Did he say who?"

"Nope, but I'm guessing it's Aquarius. Haven't you seen the way people have been following her? There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to be in her presence: either to be with her or get skincare tips from her. I don't know why she's letting them stick to her like that either. It's like she's turned into... Libra! Except Libra's, you know, in a stable relationship and kind of outta the limelight now..."

"Hey, how about we drive you home?" I ask, beckoning Pisces over.

"Thanks, but I don't really wanna go home tonight."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know if you know this or not, but both my parents are incredibly wealthy. They're almost always away, and they just leave me home alone. I... I just don't feel like being alone tonight. I'll check into a hotel or something-at least the sound of other voices in the lobby will be comforting."

I turned toward Gemini, seeing the girl who I'd always envied in a new light. Once, I had perceived her as a girl who had it all-a perfect body, a pretty face, nice clothes and a winning personality. Now, when I looked at her, I saw a little girl with big baby blue eyes full of longing. All this girl wanted was to be loved, and nobody had given that to her. In that moment, Gemini seemed like the loneliest person in the world, which was what caused something inside me to melt. 

"How about you stay over at my place tonight? I'm sure my parents won't mind." Gemini smiled, nodding. "Thank you, Taurus."

"It's not a problem," I replied, grinning. 

.....

"Hey, swee-Who's this?" my mother asked, pushing her glasses up her nose. 

"This is my friend, Gemini. Her parents are out of town and she's not really feeling up to staying home alone, so I told her she could crash with me for tonight. Is that okay?"

"Sure. Lovely to meet you Gemini. You look rather flushed, would you like some coffee?"

My mother might just have been the sweetest person to exist.

"It's a pleasure to meet you..."

"Please, call me Ginny."

"Ginny. Thank you so much for letting me stay ove-"

"TAURUS! Dear god, where is your jacket? And if you say you lost it, I will make you pay the money we spent on it from your allow- Sorry, Miss. Are you friends with our daughter?" My dad slowed his roll upon seeing Gemini, who sheepishly pulled my jacket off.

"My name is Gemini, sir. Ginny and Taurus were nice enough to allow me to stay the night, as my parents are away and I couldn't bear the thought of spending the night alone. Is that okay with you, Sir?"

"Of course, Gemini. And please, call me Marcus."

Ginny held out some coffee for me, grinning. "How about you borrow a pair of Taurus' pyjamas? Mind you, you are  lot taller than her..."

I rolled my eyes at my mother, giving her a hug. "Thanks for letting Gemini stay over."

"It's okay. Make sure to give her one of the new toothbrushes from under the sink."

I led Gemini upstairs, showing her to the bathroom and handing her a new toothbrush as well as a pair of my pyjamas (even though Gemini was so much taller than me, she was also skinnier, so the clothes should've fit her). 

As I had thought, the clothes were a bit loose on Gemini, the top looking more like a cropped tee. "These fit great!" Gemini exclaimed. Looking at Gemini, I couldn't deny it-I was envious of her body. She was so tall, 5'8" in fact, and she had incredibly long, slim legs. In comparison, I was short, only 5'4", and a lot curvier, with thick thighs and legs that didn't even equate to half of my height. At least Libra, who had now discovered that she was about the same height as me without those stilettos of hers, had legs which made up the majority of her height. I'd never  thought of my body type as ugly, but I couldn't deny it-I'd always wanted to be tall and skinny, like a runway model.

Pushing those thoughts out of my head, I turned toward Gemini, grinning. "Well, here's my room. It's not much, but it's got a TV! Feel free to put on some Netflix while I go get changed. Gemini nodded, smiling, as she grabbed the remote. I hurried into the bathroom, getting changed and brushing my teeth. when I got back, I saw Gemini in the covers, looking upset as she scrolled through 90's rom-coms. 

"You know, when I was 13, I used to love 90's rom-coms. I'd sit there for hours on end, just watching them. I always wanted the same happy ending as the main characters, and when Cancer and I got steady, I thought I'd found my happy ending." 

She sniffled. "I guess not."

I climbed into my bed, putting my arms around Gemini. "Look, I know we only got close last year, but  I know you're upset. I'm here for you, yeah?"

Gemini smiled. "I wish everyone was as nice as you, Taur."

And with that began a 90's rom-com marathon, stretching well into the night.