B2 21

Gemini

"Stop 'capping'. Get it? Because your name is-"

"That was not even slightly funny."

Just when I thought things couldn't get any better for me, I'd made a new friend. 

Capricorn.

He wasn't the kind of person I usually spent time with, but I had to admit, there was something about Capricorn that was strangely charming. I couldn't quite figure out what it was, but I was drawn to him and to his company, and I was totally fine with that. Even with all the gossip surrounding him, with all the pain that must've come from seeing the girl he'd admitted to being in love with go off with some other guy, he managed to stay positive and keep his mind on the bigger things in life. 

Capricorn was grounded, so grounded that it made him my exact opposite.

If I were to describe myself as something occurring in nature, it would be the wind, fleeting and ever-changing, blending in to meet every background it encountered while standing out with its temperament, felt by toddlers whose hats were blown into the ocean and by teenagers whose hair was messed up by the ever-changing wind. 

Capricorn was definitely a desert landscape, dry and arid but self-sustained. 

"Well, when are Taurus and Pisces picking you up?" Capricorn asked, turning to face me.

"I dunno, they said they'd come by in 15 minutes or so."

"Great. That means we can get in another round of... what is this called?"

"Tekken."

"Well, it's quite enjoyable."

I grinned, grabbing my controller. "Well, you're still  losing, but bring it."

"We're here!" Taurus and Pisces chimed, letting themselves in as usual. They came trooping into the living room, holding out a box of cookies. 

"From the cheerleader's strike at school. I heard your little boyfriend Darron baked them..." Taurus teased, handing me a double choc chip cookie.

I couldn't help but blush, knowing Darron had actually taken the time to bake these for the cheerleaders. I knew how against the whole cheerleader strike the footballers were (Leo, especially, had made his feelings particularly clear on the subject by continually bullying the cheerleaders in and around school) but for Darron to go against every oppressive, misogynistic opinion thrown at him was truly amazing. 

"Drew's killing it out there, he's pretty much Libra's most solid left-hand today with all that yelling and screaming he's been doing. Principal Stone is infuriated, but almost everyone's joined in. You know, with the exception of most of the male population of Varsity High, which is just disgusting. Anyways, Aquarius was there and she said she'd seen everyone she knew out of the girls..."

Taurus turned to Capricorn, her eyes apologetic. 

"Except Virgo." 

Capricorn frowned, jumping to his feet. "Virgo did not go?" he echoed incredulously, eyes wide. "She is so passionate about the inclusion of the female sporting teams at Varsity High-especially cheerleading, because it is the only one people pay any regard to. How could she simply skip the biggest protest our school has ever seen?"

"We think Leo's told her not to go," Pisces replied, expression grim. "Of course he has," Capricorn snarled, balling his fists. "We are going to that protest. Now."

.....

"CHEERLEADERS DESERVE A STAGE! CHEERLEADERS ARE ALL THE RAGE! CHEERLEADERS DESERVE A STAGE! CHEERLEADERS ARE ALL THE RAGE!"

"WOMEN'S SPORTS FOR GOLD! THERE, NOW YOU'VE BEEN TOLD!"

"GIVE US A SHOT, GIRLS GIVE IT ALL THEY GOT!"

"WE WILL SHOUT UNTIL YOU GIVE OUT!"

"Wow..." Capricorn looked around, his words, or lack of the latter, encompassing what I felt. On a gigantic truck stood the 18 cheerleaders, Scorpio driving the truck along at a slow pace outside Varsity High. It had been a teacher evaluation day, which was why the cheerleaders had planned their 'strike' today, telling everyone at Varsity High about what was going down.

The cheerleaders were dressed in the 'new uniforms' they had been denied months ago-red and white blouses with matching skirts designed for optimal aesthetics and wearability by the cheerleaders themselves. Their hair was down, the signature red ribbons abandoned for their own hairstyles, and they were perfectly in sync as always, each holding a poster and a megaphone. 

Drew was up there with them, as was Darron, the two of them in the new football uniforms some kids from the Design department-two freshmen-had designed-breathable padding, modernised red and white diagonals stripes and mesh for increased breathability. Paired with the Gravity Bass boots they had designed, the uniform offered optimal protection and support.

Darron really was the full package, smart, versatile, sweet, attractive and respectful. Lately, we'd been talking more, and somehow, in two weeks, I felt closer to him than I did with some people after years of knowing them. It was just the way he talked-the way he expressed himself-that made him such an easy person to connect with. 

"Wait-something's happening!"

We watched as Principal Stone came rushing out of the school, brandishing a bright card I recognised all too well.

"Libra Cole, you are suspended."

Y'ALL 😭

Thank you so, so much for all the support as usual-super close to 70K! You know I appreciate each and every one of you, which why I must (once again) ask you to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEE fill out the OCs for my applyfic. Disappointingly, every position is still open, but I guess that's great for you guys, because you have free pick! 

SO HOP ON OVER TO B2 10 AND WRITE AN OC! 

Once again, I appreciate the support, thank you for blowing Zodiac High up, keeping reading, voting, commenting, and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add your OCs to the applyfic applications in B2 10. Stay happy, healthy and safe,

- WatchMeWhip13, your author