Chapter 31: Sweet Morning Texts of Murder

POV: Rowan Collins

~~~

After living with my friends for all these years I was used to the pranks they would sometimes pull.

Most of the time they're not pulled on me.

I was woken up the next day to the sound of a blasting alarm, that I definitely didn't set, and instead of my nice soft bed and warm blankets I was on the cold hard ground.

"What the hell?" I rolled over and grabbed my phone to turn the alarm off.

I almost jumped out of my skin when I heard someone groan behind me. I reached for the gun that was usually under my pillow, then I remember that I wasn't in my bed.

I sat up and looked around to see that I was in one of the cell rooms on the bottom floor of the basement. It's just four concrete walls and a metal door with a little window, like the one we had at the school.

I heard more movement from the other side of the room and I realized that I wasn't alone, on the other side of the room Luke was stirring in his sleep on the floor.

I was going to go wake him up but then the alarm on his phone started to blast and he jumped up. He looked around in surprise, looking at me and then at the phone.

He clicked the alarm off and looked back at me, "What the fuck are we doing down here?"

I didn't answer him, mostly because I had no idea myself.

A dinging rang through the small room and we both looked down at our phones.

It was a text message from Mira.

Dear dumbasses, this message is to inform you that I have made the decision to take extreme measures to force the two of you to get your shit together. This morning I had the problem children escort the two of you from your beds to the cellar, where you will remain until you makeup and decide to get alone again. If you do not get your shit together in a timely manner I will have no choice but to come down there myself and murder both of you, because I am fucking done with your bullshit. Have a great day, love Mira

"Oh great, not only am I now locked down here but she just had to set the alarms for seven in the fucking morning!" I grounded and laid back down looking at the concrete ceiling.

"I just love waking up in cold, dark rooms with threats of murder. Lucky me."

Luke got himself up and went over to the door. He started pulling on it and when he eventually realized it wasn't going to open he moved on the little window. He managed to get it open and started screaming for Mira.

"Would you shut the hell up. first off, you yelling like that would only push her to murder both of us faster. Second, we're on the very bottom floor of the house plus all the cells are soundproof. And third, just for your knowledge, if you get kidnaped yelling is only going to waste your energy and piss off your kidnappers.