Chapter 45: Cause for Concern

POV: Rowan Collins

~~~

The car ride back to the house was the longest one of my life.

Back at the restaurant, I had stayed by the jukebox to compose myself while Cameron and the guys went to pay. I was peering in at the songs that the machine offered when I saw it, a fucking hickey starting to form on my neck.

"Mother fucker had done it on purpose."

Thank god Linc was so distracted harassing Justin that neither had noticed the mark that was starting to form, but Cameron was grinding like the fucking Cheshire cat.

He hadn't stopped making eyes at me through the rearview mirror while we made our way back to the house. Justin had begged me to sit in the back with him to get a small break from Linc and I was more than happy not to sit next to Cam, not right now, not without my skin setting on fire.

Linc was still babbling about Maya and how she was sweet and innocent and that if Justin hurt one hair on her head he didn't care who he was, he'd skin him alive and cut off his body parts one by one.

Thankfully that took Justin's attention off me as he was trying to hide behind his phone, texting Maya to call off her attack dog. And as hard as I tried my eyes kept meeting his in the mirror and at red lights, I'd catch him looking back at me, at my neck and the mark that I was trying to hide with my hair.

Linc had finally backed off while we made our way into the house, the guards informing us that Maggie had brought the kids back from the mall half an hour ago and that Elliot was home from work.

Walking in the door I saw Char, Levi, and Annabelle sitting at the dining table with a bowl of strawberries and I could hear Candy and Luke in the living room.

"Hey JJ, come have some strawberries there really good." She smiled at him and he was happily making his way over to the bowl. Then her sights shifted to me and she smirked.

"Is that a hickey Rowan?" Lincoln and Justin froze, while Cameron was smirking like the cocky bastard he is. I was quickly trying to think of something to say but nothing came out, and Char was just smiling and went back to her strawberry.

Poor Annabelle looked flustered and Levi was trying and failing not to laugh. But it was Linc I was watching as he slowly turned towards me.

"Excuse me? A what now?" He stormed right to me and grabbed my head, moving my hair out of the way to look at the mark. Cameron was still smirking and now Justin was looking between the two of us putting it together that I hadn't had a mark when we got to the restaurant and the only time that I hadn't been with them was when Cam and I left them at the booth.

Linc saw where Justin was looking and his jaw dropped and he began looking between me and Cam. I pushed his hands off of me but he grabbed my wrist and then dragged me to Justin, where he proceeded to point to my neck and then back at him.