Chapter 26: "Douchebag on a Motorcycle"

POV: Cameron Reed

~~~

Once again most of us were piled up in Rowan's Living Room. For about the fifth time this week '10 things I hate about you' was playing on the tv in the background being drowned out by all the talking, and yelling.

I'm pretty sure the only reason Rowan is keeping us around is for entertainment because she's definitely taking too much pleasure in egging people on.

"Would you stop acting like a toddler Linc, you already agreed to it and Halloween is tomorrow so there's no backing out now." The irritation in Mira's voice was prominent mostly because she had to listen to Linc's bitching for the last thirty minutes.

Once Rowan had told him that he had to wear the costume whoever pulled his name picked for him the whole day he was much less interested than when he thought he was only picking costumes for other people.

"What's wrong Linc? You scared someone picked something too embarrassing for the big bad Lincoln McBride to wear?" I've noticed that one of Alejandro's favorite things to do was annoy Linc in any way that he can, and honestly, I'm one hundred percent on board with it.

Linc rolled his eyes and threw a handful of popcorn at him, but considering that Alejandro was across the room from him the popcorn only managed to get all over Scar who was next to him, "Oh, shut your mouth, Alex."

The bickering continued but I tuned it out and looked over at Rowan who was laying across Lee and Jack. She hadn't taken her eyes off her phone for the last ten minutes and I was starting to wonder what was so entertaining.

Suddenly the doorbell rang through the house and she jumped up with a giant smile on her face.

 "Who the hell is at the door that's making her face look like that?"

You couldn't see the door from the living room but I'm sure that all of us heard the scream, well more like a squeal, that came from that direction. Most of us looked at each other questionably while others, *cough* Lincoln *cough*, were more focused on stuffing their faces with popcorn.

When Rowan came back into my view she wasn't alone anymore, "Who the hell is that?" Next to her was a dude that was a good few inches taller than her, he seemed to be about our age with shaggy looking dirty blond hair. The guy was wearing a pair of black ripped skinny jeans, a white fitted shirt, and a motorcycle jacket, well I'd assume considering the helmet in his hand.

He had his arm draped over her shoulder and she had her head leaning against his shoulder. He looked familiar but I couldn't place where I'd seen him before.

The people sitting on the main couch were facing away from where they were standing, the ones that did look over to them took one look and imminently looked over the Linc.

"What the hell is going on"

After a second Rowan moved away from the mystery man and walked over to lean over Linc, "Heyyyyy Linc, I have a surprise for you. Your favorite person in the world is here!!!" Even I could hear the sarcasm in her voice but Linc just looked confused.