Chapter 12: Birthday Madness (Part 1)

POV: Luke Williams

~~~

"Lllllluuuuukkkkkeeeee!!!!!" was all I heard before something... well someone, catapulted onto my bed landing right on top of me.

"Ugh... Y-you're crushing m-my lungs R-ro." I choked out trying to get a breath while Rowan was sitting on my chest.

"Morning." she said with an over the top smile as she leaned to the side and let herself fall onto the bed.

Rubbing my hands down my face I sat up and leaned back on my headboard. Rowan was sprawled out on the left side of the bed, her legs resting on top of mine.

"Why did you do that?" I asked looking over to her as she shifted herself into a sitting position.

"Because it's Friday. Oh and because we're not going to school." she crawled her way up to the top of the bed leaning against the headboard next to me.

"Why not? I thought Mira was making a whole point of forcing you to attend a whole week of public school." Mira had been up all our asses about school. I wonder what changed her mind.

"It's Friday." She repeated again this time giving me a little glare.

"I know. Why do you keep repeating it?" To that, I got the response of her smacking my arm with her hand.

"It's Friday, September twenty-seventh." And that's when it clicked.

"Mal's birthday is in two days." I said quickly as the realization hit me.

"Oh no."

"I need you to go get everyone together so I can give everyone a role for the next two days. Oh and pick someone to keep Mal out of the house today so we can make all the arrangements."

And with those words, instant dread fell on me. Rowan has a slightly obsessive need for every event or party she plans to be perfect, hence her need to make sure everything is ready two days beforehand and drag all of us into it.

"Can I be the one to keep Mal out of the house?" I asked sweetly, trying to get a job that requires me to be out of the house.

"No, you have to be here to make sure everyone is doing their jobs." She said rolling off the bed and walking to the door.

"Get dressed and get everybody ready!" She yelled as she left my room.

. . .

Twenty minutes later I had pounded on everyone's door and told them to get dressed and meet in the living room. Surprisingly, I found Maya in one of the guest rooms so I gave her the message also.

I had changed into a pair of jeans and a baggy white t-shirt and headed downstairs.

Sitting in the living room Candy and Mira were cuddled on one end of the couch while Matty was at the other end snacking on a plate of cookies. Maya was in the chair next to him and every few minutes she'd take one of his cookies which resulted in Matty yelling a complaint.