Chapter 47: In The Moment

POV: Rowan Collins

~~~

The fact that the old hag was still alive must be a sign that I pissed off some god.

The graduation ceremony had gone as good as could be expected when Matty had somehow tricked Lee and Jack into eating mass amounts of weed brownies at ten in the morning. The second I had seen them, their eyes red-rimmed and reeking I had Andy throw their asses in the ice-cold pool.

It had sobered them up enough for them to walk a straight line across the stage, but not before Matty decided to give an impromptu speech on how the school could kiss his ass and suck his million-dollar dick.

Let's just say that the school just received a donation big enough to build whatever the fuck they want.

Matty tried to defend himself by saying it was Jack's birthday gift that he wasn't supposed to eat till later, I didn't believe him for a second. But either way, all three of them were still high and that was not what I wanted to be dealing with while I also had to deal with the old hag.

"Oh look at you! My beautiful girl, have you grown since the last time I saw you? And your hair looks so lovely, I'm so happy to see you my love" Then she finally detached herself from Charlotte and looked me over.

"And you look as... put together as always." With one last smile to Char, the hag went off to go harass someone else before she dropped dead.

"Stop glaring, she's our grandmother." I rolled my eyes but smiled at her and stopped glaring at my gran as she cornered Andy and Elijah.

"She's an old hag that's hopefully due a heart attack soon."

"Rowan!" I laughed as she smacked me on the arm, a look of displeasure on her face.

Tino made his way over to us, finally breaking away from groups of guys watching sports on the tv in the living room.

"Who we talking about? Eleanor? Honestly, I'm surprised her shriveled-up heart is still able to support that desiccating body of hers. Maybe it's her black stubborn soul." Charlotte, unimpressed at Tino's hilarious and accurate comments, smacked him upside the head.

"Ouch, blondie that was uncalled for, nothing I said wasn't true." She continued to glare at him and then grabbed him by his ear and dragged him away towards Gran and who she was now talking to, Mrs. Bumble.

I forget sometimes that they knew each other, Mrs. B was a sweetheart and Gran was definitely not. I forget that she had worked for my late grandfather and my grandmother.

She always had great things to say about them both, despite what a witch my grandmother could be. Though hearing about my grandfather Nicolas was always nice, he had died from some form of cancer when I was three.

The only memory I had of the man was a pair of piercing green eyes and a rose he had given me after I had skinned my knee for the first time. That was one of the last pictures of us before he died and the only thing that had kept the memory alive for so long.