Chapter 14: Target Practice

POV: Rowan Collins

~~~

"Rise and shine!" I was pulled from my precious sleep by the sound of someone's voice and banging on my door.

I rolled over onto my back bringing a pillow over my face to block out the light. Lifting the pillow just enough for the person to hear me, "What do you want?" I questioned before bringing the pillow back down to my face.

"Breakfast is done and Mira wants you downstairs to eat." I finally recognized the voice as Luke and pressed the pillow further into my face and letting out a groan before lifting it again

"But sleep." I whined, closing my eyes to try and get back to sleep.

Suddenly instead of the warmth that was being provided by my blanket, I was met with freezing air.

"But training." Luke mocked me walking into my closet and pulling out one of my training outfits, a black Nike sports bra with a white check on the front, a pair of solid black workout leggings, and my white running shoes.

Placing the folded clothes on my desk with the shoes on top he walked back over to the bed. When he saw I hadn't moved he gave me a mischievous look, "Get up before I go get a bucket of ice water." And with that, he walked to the door and stood there waiting for me to get up.

Reluctantly I sat up sending him a glare before he walked out of my room. I didn't want to risk him soaking me so I complied with his demands, he's done it before and he'd have no problem doing it again.

I decided that I'd just go downstairs in my pajamas, which consisted of an old white oversized sweatshirt and a pair of black shorts. I went into the bathroom and splashed some water on my face and pulled a brush through my hair before putting it up into a bun.

Walking into the kitchen I was met with the delightful smell of bacon, eggs, pancakes, and cooked ham. Everyone was already in the kitchen scattered about with plates of food.

Taking a seat at the island Mira pushed a plate with a ham and cheese omelet with five pieces of bacon on the side towards me. I offered her a smile before digging into Mira's delicious food.

"We'd probably all starve without her." I thought, shoving another bite in my mouth.

After everyone finished our food the sound of the front door opening and then closing gained our attention.

"Hey, guys." Maya gave a small smile before walking over to Matty's extra plate of bacon and taking the last piece. Everyone looked at her in amusement as she took a bite out of it. Matty's face turned an ungodly shade of red due to his anger before he turned to Maya, "Run." He growled out, Maya took the hint and started to sprint out of the kitchen.

"If you keep eating my food I'm going to make you wish you were never born!" Matty yelled as he ran after her.

"Okay then, That will help her prepare for training today." Mira muttered to herself, but it caught my attention.