Chapter 6: The Heir Ball (Part 1)

POV: Rowan Collins

~~~

"She has to get ready with you"

"She's your best friend!"

"Exactly! I'm valuable. We can't afford for her to kill me."

"She won't kill you! Like you said she's your best friend. If we don't wake her up now she'll never be ready in time for the ball"

"What the hell is going on?" I thought as the sound of two people arguing became clearer.

Opening my eyes I sat up a little only to see Candy and Luke standing on either side of my bed yelling at each other. "What the hell are you two doing?" I questioned looking between them.

Candy went wide-eyed for a moment before speaking, "Your awake! Great. We have to start getting ready, like now." Suddenly she grabbed the blankets off my body and pulled me from the bed.

"Luke get out. I'll handle it from here." She said shoving Luke towards my door. "Gladly, have fun with Satan." he said, giving us a smirk, I just glared at him. "It's too early in the fucking morning for this." I thought, going to lay back down on my bed.

"Oh no you don't" Candy said, grabbing me again and dragging me towards my bathroom. Before I was pulled through the doorway by the fiery redhead I glanced back at the clock, twelve-fifteen. "Ugh, why am I up this early?" I questioned myself as I was pushed to sit on the counter as Candy turned on the shower.

"What is going on?" I asked as she held her hand under the water to check the temperature. "The heir ball is today Rowan. We have to be ready by five-thirty, that gives us about five hours, so move it." she said motioning for me to get into the shower. She walked to the door as I undressed.

Stepping in, I felt the hot water run over my body, relaxing me. A few seconds later I heard the door open again followed by Candy's voice, "No more than ten minutes Rowan. I mean it" she said and then closed the door again.

Ten minutes later I was out of the shower and wiping the fog off the mirror with my hand. As I was drying off my body I heard Candy knock on the door. "I'm out of the shower. Give me a minute!" I yelled finishing up and grabbing my black robe, sliding it onto my body, and tying it in the front.

Walking back into my room I expected to see Candy going through my closet, so I was a little surprised to see my black-haired, gray-eyed best friend standing in front of my mirror fixing her curled hair.

"Asia!?!?!" I yelled, sprinting towards her and tackling her onto my bed.

"Ugh. It's nice to see you too Ro, but please get off me." she said while giggling.

We both sat up sitting on the edge of the bed, "What are you doing here? I thought you were in Washington?" I asked, bringing my legs up sitting crisscross.