Chapter 34: Old People

POV: Rowan Collins

~~~

"Rowan."

"Rowan."

"Rrrrooooowwwwwwaaaaannnnn."

I grabbed the person's wrist to stop them from poking me again. Opening my eyes I glared at them, "If you poke me one more time I'm going to go find a very big stick and shove it up your ass."

"Well then. Someone woke up from their nap feeling violent."

I groaned and buried my face back into the pillow while Candy jumped onto the couch cushion next to my feet.

"What time is it? And why the hell did you wake me up?" I sat up and leaned back against the end of the couch wrapping myself up in the blanket someone had laid on me while I was sleeping.

"It's like four, and I woke you up because Derrick called a meeting about the mission upstate."

I was still half asleep so it took me a minute to process. "They told us about the mission three weeks ago, and then nothing happened. We had our disaster of a thanksgiving, like always, then Char went back to Seattle to pack the rest of her stuff and spend time with her friend."

Candy shook her head, probably remembering the screaming match my father and I got into that ended with a tray of mashed potatoes, and a jar of gravy being thrown across the room.

"I know but apparently there's been a new development or something. I heard Derrick talking about it, apparently, they're sending us upstate in the next few days."

I nodded my head as the doorbell rang through the house, but before anyone got up the door opened and Lincoln strolled through. Though he didn't get far, someone grabbed the back of his shirt, "Lincon! Do you have no manners? You don't just walk into someone's house. I taught you better than that."

I'm assuming the person that was now scolding Linc was his mother, Alyssa McBride. While he was being lectured about his 'manners', Justin and Cameron just walked right in and headed straight for the kitchen.

"Hey, you two! I swear to god if you eat all of my food again I'm going to tell Matty it's you that keeps eating his food!" They ignored me and just kept walking.

I rolled my eyes and flipped them off before walking to the door to invite in our guest. "Afternoon Mrs. McBride. It's fine Linc usually just walks in anyway. But please, all of you come in."

"Please call me Alyssa." she smiled at me and sent Linc a glare as he ran off to annoy Candy.

Eventually, we all made our way up to my father's office, where they began to tell us about this mission while Alyssa, Chloe, and Lou were downstairs helping Mira cook.

"Okay, so I know that we haven't spoken all together about this in a few weeks but it comes to our attention that our information wasn't exactly correct. The target's son was not scheduled to be in the McBride hotel until this Tuesday." My dad gave Martin the side-eye before he continued.