Chapter 32: "I'm About to Fight his Bitch"

POV: Rowan Collins

~~~

I hate school.

Actually, let me rephrase that, I just hate people.

Unfortunately, Mira was actually making us go to school on a Friday. She said it was because I hadn't shown up in the last week but I still think she's just trying to punish me for my fighting with Luke.

Sitting through the first half of my classes was absolute hell. Jack would not shut up about how he wanted to leave and Lee has made it his personal mission to annoy the crap out of me today.

When lunch finally came I was in heaven. I ditched Jack and Lee as soon as I could and met up with Luke, Scarlet, and Candy.

"Well don't you look cheerful."

I smiled sarcastically at Scar and walked past her into the cafeteria. I had a to-go bag from Jo's in my hand that I had made John drop off for me, though he wasn't happy about it. He was my dad's third in command and he wasn't quite used to doing food runs for a teenager.

The reason he had to was because Mira made Jack and I drive to school together and then she stole my keys and ran off before I could catch her. Which was smart on her part I have to admit, because I would have left the second I had the chance.

Now that most of the people in our inner gangs were talking more, lunch seating was a free for all and many people switched tables daily. The four of us ate our lunches and talked, for the most part, Linc came over a few times to annoy Scar but she would just glare at him and he'd runoff.

About halfway through our lunch period the four of us decided to head over to the outside sitting area and just hang out there for the rest of the time.

As we were walking I glanced back to luke for a second and I walked right into someone in front of me. I was about to apologize but the person beat me to it, "Watch where the fuck you're going!"

I looked up in shock for a minute and then I recognized who I was standing in front of, Mia Alexandra. She was dressed in a too-tight white thigh length skirt and a cropped black tee-shirt, she paired this with a pair of or black heels.

Compared to my grey sweatpants, cropped white tank top, and thick tan and grey plaid jacket she was definitely overdressed and I don't know how she wasn't cold in the November weather.

"Oh great. It's the British bitch with an ego larger than Lincs." I really didn't want to deal with her, she has been giving me bitch vibes since the first day I met her.

"Well excuse you, but maybe if you looked up from your phone you'd see that you were walking into my way." I tried to walk around her but she sidestepped to block my path.

"I'd watch how you talk to me. You should remember that I'm one of Cameron's people, you don't want to mess with me." I looked at her with wide eyes and laughed.