Chapter 44: Embrace for Impact

POV: Rowan Collins

~~~

Saturday was my first calm day.

After three whole days of following Levi around and making sure any and every bad influence he tried to hang with knew that id breaks their kneecaps for fun if they continued to enable him, Levi had gotten annoyed.

From what Candy could tell he was still in contact with a few known gang members from around the area but she said the checks came back relatively clean and that they were just delinquent kids that were running around with different gangs.

Though it seemed my method was working, well at least for the moment. Levi hadn't tried to ditch school again or meet with classless douchebags in deathtrap buildings. But he was still giving his parents shit, I've had to break up at least three fights in the last twenty-four hours.

There screaming could be heard throughout the house, the back and forth about his behavior and how it's affecting his mother, and then the response that just because he's not conforming to his father's ideals of his life doesn't warrant him trying to control him.

And on, and on, and on.

Maggy had sent Elliot out to the store to run errands this morning so that she could try to bribe Levi with breakfast, and It had worked. We all sat at the table Candy and Luke quietly mumbling to each other watching Luca shove chocolate chip pancakes into his mouth.

Isaac had a book in one hand and his fork in the other trading off every few minutes and ignoring his little brother next to him. Levi was next to Char's friend Annabelle who I had met the other day, the two of them chatting and Char doing her best to try and include Levi but he was more interested in his phone.

Linc and Justin were sat by Maggy, the three of them picking at their pancakes and Maggy not so subtly staring at Levi while the boys threw pieces of strawberry at each other. Cam was sitting next to me also picking at his food while reading the papers I had in front of me over my shoulder.

"Do you have the need to involve yourself in all of my business?" I looked over at him with a smile. He just gave me one of his own, shrugged and picked up a strawberry from his plate, and threw it at Linc and we both laughed as it hit him in the side of the head just as Justin's hit him in the eye.

"Well, recently you've been in the habit of keeping things from us, important things. I'm just making sure it's not another death threat." I shake my head at him and turn the page of the report.

"The only threat this report poses to me is to bore me to death. If you'd like to interrogate it, by all means, be my guest." I handed it to him and to my surprise he actually took it and started looking it over. I took the opportunity to finish the rest of the strawberries on my own plate before they got snatched.

I looked at Cam again who was still skimming the report from Collins industry about product sales and what we may need to make more inventory for and what could be put on the back burner. He was wearing a simple pair of jeans and a black fitted tee that showed off the black ink on his arms.