Chapter 5: Mason Reed

POV: Cameron Reed

~~~

I gripped the steering wheel tight as I drove back to my house. Sal was currently bleeding all over my expensive leather seats. "My fathers gonna get it. What on earth was he thinking?!?" I thought, pulling into the gated driveway.

Grabbing Sal by the arm I dragged him down the path and up the front steps. stepping into the front room. I stop for a second to think about where my dad would be. That's when the deafening scream of a child raging through the house.

"CCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!" the high pitched voice of a five year old little girl echoed. No more than five seconds later my little sister Lilly came running down the hallway. her long black hair done in French braids and her little blue eyes sparkling with happiness.

"Your home!!!" she squealed, jumping into me. I quickly caught her and shoved Sal off to the side so she wouldn't see the blood coming from his leg. I set her down on the floor only to see my three-year-old brother Josh tumbling down the same hallway Lilly had just come from.

"Cammy! your howm! Will you come plawy with us?" he asked standing at my feet and looking up at me with his big grey eyes, his wild black hair standing in every direction. "He's definitely due for a haircut soon." I thought to myself as I moved both of my siblings in front of me.

Kneeling down so I was closer to their Height now. "I'll come play with you guys in a little bit. I have to go talk to daddy first." I said trying to get the bleeding idiot away from them as fast as possible. Though apparently, I wasn't quick enough.

"Cammy, what's wrong with that guy's leg?" Lilly questioned looking around me at Sal who was sitting in a random chair clutching his knee trying to stop the bleeding from the gunshot. "It's nothing he just fell in the driveway and cut his knee." I said trying to pry her attention away from Sal.

"But he's bleeding a lot," she said, I could hear the worriedness in her voice. "It was a really bad fall. Why don't you and Josh go play downstairs and I'll come and hang out with you guys after I talk to dad?" I said turning her and giving her a little push back towards the hallway they had come from earlier.

"Ok." they sang in unison as they ran back through the hallway. Once I heard the basement door shut I waited a moment to make sure they wouldn't hear me. Grabbing Sal again I dragged him up the grand staircase to my father's office.

Kicking the door open with my foot I threw Sal to the ground in front of my father's desk. He simply pushed up his glasses and glanced down at Sal and then back to me.

"Oh good, your home." he said typing on his computer. "Oh good, your home? really that's all he has to say right now!" I thought just standing there glaring at him. "Really?" I questioned seeing if he was seriously going to ignore the fact that Sal was now bleeding out on his office floor.