Chapter 15: Sweets Overload

POV: Rowan Collins

~~~

"Your suppose to be picking up a shipment in two days, and your still not answering your fucking phone." I yelled into my phone before hanging up. Taking a step off the stairs I took a deep breath before walking into the living room and throwing myself onto the couch.

I've been leaving Lee voicemails for the last three days and he hasn't answered or called me back once.

"Well, you look pissed." Jack said from the archway, a small smirk on his face.

Opening my eyes I glared at him, "Aww, no. What would give you that impression? I'm just fucking peachy!" I closed my eyes and took another deep breath.

A few seconds later I heard him walk across the room to the couch, lifting my head he sat down and placed it back down in his lap.

"Come on tell doctor Jacky what's making you so grumpy" I sighed feeling Jack run his fingers through my hair and massaging my scalp.

"It's just stress. There's a shipment coming in two days and Lee is supposed to meet it there and watch over the unloading of it but he left a week ago saying that he'd be back in a day or two and I've spent the last three calling him, which he never answers." I was stressed and annoyed and I just needed a little break.

He just continued massaging my scalp for a minute before speaking, "I'm sure he's fine Ro and I know that you're annoyed he's not answering but he knows how to take care of himself and if it helps I can handle the shipment, so don't worry about it."

I just laid there for a few minutes trying to relax a bit and not focus on all the shit I've had to deal with in the last week and a half. First Maya accidentally grazes Matty with an arrow and I have to deal with him being a big baby, my father has gone MIA again, the three stooges are doing my head in, Mattys fighting with his sister again and to top it all off Lee won't answer his stupid phone.

"Why is this my life?"

"Thanks, that would help with one of the many things I have to worry about." I smiled up at him before relaxing again.

About ten minutes later he broke the peaceful silence, "What is that smell?"

Sitting up I sniffed only to be met with the smell of something sweet, "Cookies?"

The both of us got up and walked to the kitchen archway, standing there we were met with the site of Maya running around my kitchen with multiple things in her hands and an unhealthy amount of sweets laid out on the counter, from cookies to cakes and little butterscotch candy things.

"What on earth is happening in here?" Jack whispered leaning closer to me so Maya wouldn't hear us.

"She's been baking for the last six days." I said looking to see if there were any of the macarons she had made yesterday left.