Chapter 46: Things Get Ugly

POV: Rowan Collins

~~~

"It's nice to see you back, Ro." Tay smiled at me when we pulled up to the front gate, but the look in his eyes told me that things weren't as normal.

Sighing I looked him over and met his eyes, "What am I about to walk into Tay?"

He grimaced, "A shit show."

Haha, oh goody

Walking through the front doors the house was too quiet, I couldn't hear a single person. Charlotte didn't seem to notice as she just went right upstairs with her suitcase to unpack. Candy and Luke were giving each other a look that I couldn't quite decipher out of the corner of my eye.

"Mira? Andy? Jack?" I called out walking towards the living room waiting to see if someone would appear but no one did. I was about to pull out my phone to call one of them but the backdoor opened and Lucifer came running at me full speed.

His tail was wagging full speed as he ran circles around me yapping joyfully. Jack filed in after him with a grin on his face, "You traitor, after all the fun we just had in the backyard. She walks in the door and now she's your favorite?" He scored at the dog with a hand over his heart.

"So dramatic as always Jack." Candy laughed and went to hug him, ruling his black hair with her hand. He tried to swat her hand away but she just kept giggling and continued messing with his head.

"Leave my hair alone, it hasn't done anything to you."

She scoffed at him, "I take the amount of product you put in your hair as a personal offense." Even Luke laughed at that, shaking his head and also going to give the offended-looking man a hug.

"The product in my hair offends you? I'd have you look at Mr. Abominable Snowman over here and how he keeps his hair like that." Luke gave him a look and mumbled something under his breath that sounded a lot like You Bitch.

I marveled at the normalness of this, of the bickering. I looked around again trying to find anyone else that might be around the house but yet again no one was to be found.

"Where is everyone?" Jack's smile fell at that and he looked towards the hall that led to the basement.

"Mira and Andy sent everyone that wasn't essential out of the house, as a precaution." The three of us exchanged looks at that and then back at Jack.

"What do you mean as a precaution?" I could see his brain working, probably trying to remember what Mira had told him he could tell me and what she wanted to tell me herself.

"Umm, Andy went to talk with Mal and it did not go well, from what I know Mal brought up some sensitive topics and laid into Andy. So they agreed that it might be best to empty the house for when you got home in case your conversation doesn't go well."