Chapter 20: The Anniversary

POV: Mira Borack

~~~

"Jack you can complain all you want, but your ass is staying here for the next seven hours whether you like it or not." We have only been in the school for five minutes and Jack is already dead set on leaving.

Which is why I took his keys.

I knew he'd complain about having to go in today till he was blue in the face so I made sure that we only took two cars, mine, and Jacks. I also took his keys out of his pocket when he wasn't looking.

He hasn't noticed they're gone yet but he will when he eventually tries to leave. But for now, he thinks he's outsmarted me, that's cute of him but he should have learned by now that I'm always the smarter one.

"You're a real bitch sometimes, you know that?" At this point, Jack was just acting like a child so I just walked past him and headed to my first class.

~~~

By the time lunch rolled around Jack had realized that he didn't have his keys, which is how we ended up in the cafeteria with him throwing a tantrum.

"Mira -whatever your middle name is- Borack if you don't give me back my key's right now I'll, I'll-"

"You'll what, get on the floor and throw an actual tantrum? Go ahead that would be very entertaining for me." I leaned back against the table and smiled over at Candy who was next to me.

A few seconds later a small cookie flew over my head and hit Jack in the forehead, "dance monkey dance" The rest of us let out a laugh at Lincoln's comment but Justin elbowed him in the side and Jack threw the cookie back at his face.

"Haha, you're so funny, why don't you go pick which one of your many groupies you're going to hook up with tonight." Jack rounded the table and sat down next to Justin.

After the heir ball when Ro started getting closer to the boys we all started getting closer with the other inner gangs. Most of our usual tables now have a mixture of all four sides.

"Don't encourage him or his manwhore ways." Candy was just glaring at Linc and he was just smirking at her.

"You jealous flame princess? If you want me all you have to do is ask." He continued to smirk at her and dogged the water bottle she threw at his head.

"Never in a million years." At that point, the tension was becoming awkward so we just decided to ignore them.

"Mira, when are you going to stop holding my key's hostage?" Of course, Jack can't leave it alone for five minutes.

"I'm not holding them hostage, you'll get them back at the end of the day. Your education is important and actually going to class is key to that." I don't know how many times I have to say this to get it in his thick head.