Chapter 16: Ambush

POV: Rowan Collins

A/n - This chapter begins on Sunday morning (the day the shipment is supposed to come in)

~~~

"Ugh..." I fell back on my bed, I had just finished getting dressed for my shitshow of a day.

It's six am.

Six. In. The. Fucking. Morning.

Why am I awake? Because every important thing or meeting just so happened to fall on today.

"Lucky Me."

Can you sense my sarcasm?

Sitting up I took a deep breath before heading downstairs to grab something to eat and make coffee before heading to Crisfield, one of the towns on the outskirts of Eaglesview.

"You look exhausted," Mira said as I walked into the kitchen. She was in front of the stove and the smell of eggs, ham, and cheese was in the air. On the other side of the kitchen the little ding of the coffee maker went off and I gravitated towards the addicting liquid.

I poured the coffee into my mug before adding the creamer. When I turned around Mira had an omelet in a little to-go container, a fork was taped to the top along with a little sticky note that said Have a good day.

"Thank you." I smiled before giving her a hug.

"Can you make sure everything runs smoothly today?" I asked as I was standing by the door. She just smiled and nodded before going back to the kitchen.

In my car, I blasted my music and thought about all the shit I have to do today.

Usually, my days aren't this cramped but everything just happened to fall on this day. I have an in-person meeting with a few people in Crisfield which is two and a half hours away. I have to be there for about three hours before driving all the way back to Eaglesview and have an hour-long meeting with Andy about updates within the lower ranks of the gang.

And that will bring me to three o'clock where I have an hour before I have to meet the three stooges for an early dinner.

Three o'clock

Walking into my house I am thankful for a break, I kick my black heels off at the door before walking into the kitchen for something to munch on.

"Where have you been all day?" Mal asked from where he was sitting at the island. He was in his usual loungewear, a pair of gray sweats and a loose black shirt.

"I've had meetings all day and I have to meet the boys for lunch, no diner, whatever the hell it is in less than an hour so I'm just going bury myself in the couch and hope I suffocate," I said with a laugh garbing a pack of strawberries from the fridge and sat down next to Mal.