Chapter 43: Shotgun

POV: Lincoln McBride

~~~

"I'm booooooorrrrrrrreeeeeeddddddd." I was currently sitting sprawled out in the passenger seat of Rowan's car, My legs over the back dangling in Cameron's face with my body diagonally and my head on the center console looking at Rowan.

Who looked about ten seconds from stabbing me.

She had made good on her promise to her cousin about wherever he went she went. But what also came with it was us, because of these fucking treats that Ro decided not to tell us about, so wherever she goes we go too.

And I will attach myself to her fucking hip if I have to, to make sure these mother fuckers from the Red douchebag Roses whatever the fuck they're called don't get to her. But fuck is this boring as hell. All we've done was trail this kid from the house to the school and have been sitting here for hours.

"You are the one who bitched and whined and demanded that you come on this trip with me. You do not get to complain when I told you multiple times that I was here to deal with my cousin." she looked over to me from her phone where she was watching a tv show.

"You've done this to yourself, now stop bitching." She looked back to her phone, put in her other earbud, and looked content to ignore us for another few hours.

I moved my legs into Cam's face again, swinging them back and forth. Apparently, he didn't appreciate that because he grabbed my legs and shoved them back over the chair forcing me to flip in the seat and place myself back on it properly.

"Stop being a pain in the fucking ass. Take a nap or something, anything to shut you the fuck up." Cam was also very annoyed with me, which I'll admit was justified because I have been shoving my feet in his face for the last hour. But in my defense, I was bored as hell.

"Why do we even have to sit out here all day, the kids in class and he knows that we're out here. What's the point?" I threw my head back leaning my body to the side to avoid the headrest and rolled my eyes back to look at Justin.

"You're gonna tell me that you never purposely tried to ditch class when you knew that your parents had sent someone to watch you?" Justin's voice had a line of amusement in it, probably because he had witnessed the person my parents had sent to watch me drag me back into the school by the collar of my jacket.

"That's not important, what I'm saying is that he's just some kid acting out because he wants to be this big bad powerful guy that he sees his dad, his uncle, and Rowan as. And he has no idea how to actually handle that so he's fucking around and mouthing off." I looked over to Rowan and I could tell she was listening because her phone screen had stopped moving.

"My vote would be to let the kid keep mouthing off and let him see where it'll get him. The rate he's going a small beat down will have him running back to his daddy begging for forgiveness, he has no idea of the world that he's trying to play in."