Chapter 38: Starting Point

POV: Rowan Collins

~~~

I don't think I've ever been lectured so long in my life.

Yesterday was filled with the very exciting experience of being locked in a room with Jason, Martin, Mason, and my father.

I didn't think it was possible for three grown men to bitch for so long, actually, I take that back. Mason and Martin will be bitching till their dying breaths.

But seriously, so what I wasted a couple thousand dollars worth of ammo, or shot up the safe house, or that I used said ammo trying to shot one of their sons in said safe house.

Okay, so maybe they do have a small point in lecturing me. That doesn't mean I wanted to spend the day being yelled at while Jason tried to look disappointed while also trying not to laugh at the other two babies.

Cameron understands that I was having a shit day and he pushed me over the edge by pushing me when I specifically told him to drop it. We came to our own understanding before I was locked in a room and harassed for several hours.

Today was more of a chill day hanging around the house in a pair of grey sweats and loose-fitting black cropped t-shirt. I've spent most of the day planning for Mira's birthday tomorrow, nothing big just a small dinner with friends.

I was specifically told that if I threw a big party she would chop me up into little pieces, put me into a meatloaf, and serve me to Matty.

I don't know about you but I have no intention of becoming a meatloaf. So a small party it will be. The last few hours have been spent confirming the delivery of a few decorations, making sure the cake and other desserts are being delivered at the right time and figuring out what the hell I'm actually going to cook for dinner.

Though right now I'm on my way to Candy's cyber nerd heaven. A room in the basement filled with state-of-the-art computers and a big ass screen in the middle of the room that is connected to everything.

"Hey Candy, you said you had something for me?" She looked up from one of the computer screens and gave me a sorrowful look.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" She motion for me to sit next to her at the table. Every screen had something pulled up on it and Candy's look wasn't reassuring.

She took a look around at all the computers and then looked back to me, "I found them."

Three words and my heart stopped

"You found them?"

She nodded her head and pulled something up on the main screen. " The Red Roses are a small gang and from what I can tell have been involved in many activities over the years, From what I found they used to do a lot of work for the highest bidder but after the raid on the house that stopped. It seems they made a name for themselves."