Chapter 42: Washington

POV: Rowan Collins 

~~~

"No, no, and again no." 

"This is not a debate Rowan, we're going with you, end of discussion." I was about five seconds away from strangling Lincoln with my bare hands.

"This is not some vacation the three of you to leach yourself into. I'm going to deal with my cousin who is apparently hell-bent on getting himself arrested, killed, or worse. What I do not need to be dealing with are the three of you and your overprotective bullshit."

Lic and Cam both gave me a look I knew meant that they were not letting this go, Justin was just standing behind them with that no-nonsense face.

"I will give Ben permission to shove you out the plane door while we're in the fucking sky."

Linc gave me a shit-eating grin, "The McBride jet is fueled and ready to make the trip to Washington state at our earliest convenience."

I was about to strangle him, and then I was going to stab him, and then I was gonna dump his body somewhere no one would ever find it. But then one thought kept ringing through my mind "If you kill him you're stuck with Andrew."

"If you kill him you're stuck with Andrew."

I dragged my hands down my face and then looked at them, "Fine, okay. Do whatever you fuckers want. But if you get in my way I'll let Elliot use you as test dummies for product testing."

It was Cameron's turn to grin like a fucking idiot, "When do we leave princess?"

I resisted the urge to smack him across the face. I took a deep breath shoving the urge deep, deep down, and looked at him, "I have to talk to Mira but then I am heading to the plane with Char, Candy, and Luke. So in like two hours, give or take."

"Sounds great, make sure to keep us updated," Justin said, grabbing both Cam and Linc and dragging them from the room before they could open their mouths.

~~~

"I need you to stay here" Mira gave me a questioning look.

"I know that already, you stopped me from packing yesterday and said you'd explain later." I let out a long breath of air and slumped down into the chair that was in the corner of her room.

She looked me over and went to sit on the end of her bed and faced me, "What's wrong? I heard about the letter but you look exhausted Ro. What's going on?"

I closed my eyes trying to gather my thoughts together, "It's Mal. I don't know what happened but I was like overnight he went from this sweet caring kid to this obnoxious entitled... thing that seems to want to take everything I've tried to do for him and throw it back in my face."