Chapter - 11

Huikuan arrived at Xiao's home at 6:03 p.m. Xiao Zhan was already waiting for him at the gate. When Huikuan rung the bell, he hurriedly opened the gate and pulled him inside.

"Hello Gege!! How are you?" Xiao Zhan greeted

"Hello Zhan!! I am fine. How are you?" Huikuan asked with a smile.

"I am fine." Xiao Zhan replied with a smile.

"By the way, you are 3 minutes late Kuan gege." Xiao Zhan said with a pout.

"I'm sorry, I was stuck in the traffic." Kuan replied nervously.

"It's okay, just be on time at the wedding ceremony." Xiao Zhan said teasingly.

As they were going inside they met with Mr. Xiao. He was going outside but surprised seeing Kuan at this hour.

"Greetings Uncle" Kuan said and bowed a little.

"Greetings son, Everything okay?" Mr. Xiao asked surprisingly.

"Yes Uncle" Kuan replied and Mr. Xiao nodded his head. After that both became silent.
Xiao Zhan saw the little interaction.

"Are you going to make hin stand outside? Ask him to come inside." Xiao Zhan whispered to Mr. Xiao's ear.

"Oh yes yes yes, please come in dear." Mr. Xiao said lovingly and gestured them to move inside.

"What?" Mr. Xiao asked noticing Zhan's expression.

"Weren't you going anywhere?" Zhan asked smilingly.

"How can I go anywhere now?" Mr. Xiao said.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Mrs. Xiao called Mr. Xiao in a corner.

"If you were going to invite him, you could have at least informed me about it so I would have prepared accordingly.
The drawing room is a mess. It hasn't even dusted properly." Mrs. Xiao said worriedly.

[ Typical mom like mine whenever I call someone without informing her🙄
Well!! I often do this😁]

"I haven't invited him. I already told you." Mr. Xiao said irritadely.

"Then who invited him?" Mrs. Xiao asked.

"How would I know?" Mr. Xiao was saying when Xiao Zhan came to them.

"Shh!! I invited him. What are you doing?" Xiao Zhan irritadely asked.

"Why?" Mr. Xiao asked.

"What's the harm in meeting him once, what could possible happen? We can sit  and have a little chat." Xiao Zhan said while noticing Mr. Xiao's expression.

"Now go sit with him in the drawing room and talk and you go and prepare tea and snacks and I'll go and bring Cheng ge." Xiao Zhan said excitedly and left.

"You go ahead." Mrs. Xiao said.

"Yes, I am going" Mr. Xiao said.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Xiao Zhan entered in his room and found Cheng sitting on bed thinking something deeply.

"Why are you always sitting  so depressed at home?" Xiao Zhan asked annoyingly.

"Come on!!  Let's go downstairs, put on some decent clothes." Xiao Zhan said and went to the cupboard and started checking clothes.

"Why?" Zhou Cheng asked surprisingly.